The black water in Schwarzenberg
The blackwater ( Czech Cerna ) is a right tributary of the river Mulde in Saxony and the Czech Republic.
It rises at the rear Fichtelbergbahn ( 1206 m) in the Ore Mountains, flows initially in a westerly direction and contributes to the Bohemian border, not far from Gottesgab ( Bozi Dar ) first name Seifenbächel.
In the defunct Neumühlestrasse the Plattner Art trench ( Blatensky Prikop ) branches off, the once zuführte water of the black water the mines in the mountain area plates ( Horni Blatna ) on Plattenberg as premium water.
In the Czech Republic were on the river earlier still for the most part disappeared after the Second World War by the German population places forester houses ( Myslivny ) Zwittermühl ( Haje ), Young Stallion ( Luhy ) and Brettmühl ( Pila ).
In Wittigsthal, a district of Johann George Town, the black water flowing again to Saxony and takes the Breitenbach ( Potůčky ) coming Breitenbach ( Blatensky Brook ) on.
On another run of the black water that now flows in a northerly direction, numerous ironworks were built since the 16th century because of the iron ore deposits found there. Zain, stuff or rod hammers were operated in Wittigsthal, Erlabrunn and Breitenhof.
In Erlabrunn of Steinbach flows to where since the 16th century a lively Zinnseifenbetrieb had prevailed. Between Breitenbrunn / Erzgeb. and Antonsthal branches off a ditch which supplied the stamps of the silver laundry in Antonsthal lack of water with additional water. This trench is a special water management Works as it winds along several kilometers on a slope. In Antonsthal Ironworks King Anton hut was built in 1831. Also in Erla was a well-known iron works and rolling mill, the Erlhammer.
The black water flows through the county town of Black Mountain, where the Mittweida opens.
Just before the river Aue united with the river Mulde, Niederpfannenstiel was on its right bank in the town of the famous blue colors work Niederpfannenstiel.
August Schumann wrote in a "complete state postal and newspaper Encyclopedia of Saxony", 10th band, Zwickau 1823, pp. 794-800 on the black water:
" The black water of the Ore Mountains ... called the Sorbs Contact Czurnitz or Schurnitz of Czorny (now Czerny ) black; and this gave rise, both the river blackwater, as the adjacent town of Schwarzenberg to name.
This river, initially Bohemian ..., then belongs entirely to Saxony, and almost exclusively to the District Office Schwarzenberg. Next under Aue he joins the not stronger, even with respect to the river system some minor countries Mulde, which, however, her name claims continued.
The name was inspired black water unlike the Poehl (originally Biela, di white water), which actually results in a brighter water, while that of the black water falls very much in 's Coffee Brown - a peculiarity of all, granite blocks suddenly of falling rivers that are very noticeable especially in the Giant Mountains, and also in the Bohemian Erzgebirge is not rare. The Poehl diluted this brown color very markedly in Saxony field.
The sources of the black water lying on the western slope of the posterior Fichtelberg, ie in the deer Palatinate, on the Centralpunct of Ore, 3400-3500 Parisian feet above the sea, in a marshy area to the northeast of the gift of God. This town flows through it, already by two streams, one of which is rich in iron, reinforced, and is not a valley, but what you would call in the Netherlands a floodplain, but here, as on rough height, can not call it that. Higher than those sources in the Erzgebirge only the Zschopau, the Sehma and, Upper Wiesenthal of Unterwiesenthal distinctive brook; but these waters soon form a deeper valley, while the black water as it flows parallel to the high mountains, long receives no appreciable Thal reason. In its western course it bespühlt the northern foot of the pointed hill, the little place Seyffen and the Bohemian Forest houses, where it divides into two arms. The right, which means the upper, meanders through gently rising mountains far out and takes on 12 streams, etc on the butt hole, on Mückenberg spring. A loser left or under his arm amplify only 3 little water, because the very high mountains with him ( between the gift of God, but Thann and plates ) very close. But guided by God's gift to Platten Mountain trench destroyed the flood in Aug. 1661.
The upper arm meets the most secluded little place or mine iron Irrgang, among the significant Plattenberg but the village stallion ( long colt), the lower contrast, at the western foot of this mountain ( the two arms wrap around an island ), the town boards. Next including, in the silver pit Emperor Charles crashes the upper arm in the untern down, and the stream turns after he pushed four mills here, under the name of Breitenbach's north after being flown three hours far west, and up to about 2550 par. Feet above sea level has fallen. He steps out of his flat and barren valley suddenly in a woody, deep, beautiful valley one, reinforced by a brook coming from the south. Up to this point went also formerly the, lifting with the gift of God rafts, which in 1540, there's the whole black water was saxon, Stephan Lenke docked for plates.
Im Thale now, which, on the left is Saxon right bohemian, drives the Bach two small Bohemian, corresponding to the mountainous area plates blue color works, which as all Saxon between older and crashes stage to stage, on some blocks of granite can be found here violets moss, and the Thal has a fairly giant mountains reputation. Suddenly comes the steep Almost Mountain, also coming from the west Jugeler Bach bespühlt, in the way, forcing the now again called black water to the east Ausbeugung. It still drives the Bohemian- witt ego thaler or wide bacher blue colors work occurs entirely in Saxony one, turns back north, and separates Johann George City's height from the big hammer work and mountain spots Wittichs valley, where a stream is greatly strengthened, who collected the source of the Rabe mountain. After operating several mills it enters again into a deep, but not so finstres forest valley, which down passes it between 2 to 300 cubits high, partly rocky mountain walls, and northeast in many small curvatures, but on the whole, to Schwarzenberg. This 3 -hour-long valley is without any question the most beautiful and gandiosesten in Saxony, and is only available in certain respects the rocks reasons Saxony's Switzerland after. His loneliness interrupt initially only the Haberland mill Täubners house and a second forest house, then the hammer Breitenhof until the Erlahammer before Schwarzenberg begins a full active life. Law, the vordre Raven mountains, down a steep but that the magnet and Rothenbergs rises mightily; left for E. the Devil's Pulpit, the devil stone the highs are not as high, but steep, and often occupied with the strangest, 30 to 60 cubits high rock groups, which have for the most part their own names, etc To ¾ hour Johanngeorgenstadt several tunnels into the mountains. With a mighty roar of the little stream from stage to stage crashes, often two cubits high, zoom, and contrasts the brown water, as in the Giant Mountains, weird against the white granite blocks. The wildest Punct is the influence of the deep from a 300 yards labyrinthine forest valley in south-eastern kingdom Tung induce falling Steinbach; Here, the mountains huddle together tightly, and to the crags, the double noise both strong water resounds. Furthermore, the right of the falls Ortbach with the Breitenbrunner water, left the Fellbach, the stink and Halsbach one - not to mention smaller waters here.
From the strange turn of the river and the rocks at Black Mountain, where that drives the wire work, 2 hammers and 3 mills, sd Art Schwarzenberg. He will step in 1000 under the city suddenly in the fields of Saxony Aue one, actually an extension of the lovely valley of Poehl, which ( by both Mitt pastures, the black and Oswaldbach rich reinforced) the black water is almost the same. This is par Vereinigungspunct around 1350. Feet above the sea, that is about 1200 feet lower than in the case of panels; to 4 ½ hours certainly a rare gap!
Now, the river turns to the north-west, receives the right in Upper Saxony Beyer field the fields, then the Bernbacher, also the pan Steadman border water, finally the Pfannenst. Blue bar works the lumber Bach, left, especially the Griese on Geresberg, the village stream at the end of Lauter, the Lumbach before Aue, where he, after he has cell Aue bespühlt lengthwise only at the end, in a highly reitz end Thale, after Laukner 1090 par. Feet above the North Sea, combined with the trough.
From Saxony Aue fields of the river comes quickly into a narrow rocky valley, which under Lauter to say one, so awful -like beauty wins in which it before the public is not known but, because hardly a footpath leads to the same. This same deep loneliness interrupts only a single, belonging after Barnsbach, missing the slits house pan Steadman Bache. High rocks mountains include the tortuous reason, and always prepare erneuete beautiful views. An overgrown completely with oak mountain ( in the Erzgebirge a rare phenomenon ), a natural grotto, ancient Stoll mouths, sunken cliffs, the cascades of the river - Everything Diess grabs attention, and indemnify the hikers for the painstaking way through the valley, which many of the most Parthia is to provide equal Plauensche reason, but there is no description found. Strong forests clothe his mountain walls, and because of the steepness of the same one throws the logs of wood geschlagnen, partly over 100 cubits high, from high in the river down. However, since many remain hanging on the rock, then form the fact, so to speak, Cliffs of wood, which give a very strange view of the part. This strange valley opens when Pfannenst. Blue colors work in one of the fields similar Aue Saxony, which gave to the town of that name, and is one of the loveliest, most graceful Parthia of the Erzgebirge; ...
After the above information, the black water has any extension of 10 ½ hours, which include 3 ½ to Bohemia alone and one is shared, and parisian against 2900 feet or 1360 yards Slope. From Breitenhof to where it can be called a river, lead 11 bridges over it.
Because of the many steel mills, fishing is in the same relatively low, although formerly, especially in Saxony field, the most excellent trout up to 9 pounds, and handsome salmon have been caught in Aue; large, however, is not yet to think of a lot of grinding, Bretmühlen, some oil mills, water use in the operation of works of art. For it be because the Kunstgezeuge of John on the Red Mountain, the Irrgangs, several iron works by Johann George Town etc, also 3 small Bohemian blue color works, and the admirable Saxon in pan Stiehl and Schwarzenberg Drathhammer that forges Wittichs Thal, Breitenhof and Erlahammer, Three Hammers zu Schwarzenberg and lower case field, several works in plates, etc Through the addition of water Flüsses but are still 5 large hammer mills, 4 small hammers, a major wire factory, 3 Vitriolwerke etc set in Umtrieb.
Important the river is still through the wooden rafts by a year in 2600 fathoms 8/4liches logs, certain and pretty much indefinite term ate, but also a lot of sticks are rafted. Each of the 3 sächs hammer mills receives 350 fathoms, the pan Steadman work against 1000 fathoms logs; the other received Schwarzenberg, Saxony field, Beyer field, Bernbach, etc One can find these rafts and -been associated with it on the Mittweide as early as in 1571 in progress; latter was particularly strong around J. 1669, where the forests began to beat on Erbisbach, and where the landesh. Forests of Erbisleite, the Kaffbergs, Henneberg's, hell, & c to God's gift toward estimated at 100,000 trays were. On Erbisbache itself ( at the small Mittweide ) some fir was about 10 cords of wood, 1669 inspired one whose 10,000 trays away. These rafts on the Mittweide but also a - gone with most local hammer mills. The black water rafting expedition has her in a private home to Black Mountain, and a peculiar raft master. The wood comes almost solely from the domain forests, driven by the woodcutters in the winter on hand sledge to the rivers, and in the spring in the swollen, but not raised by raft ponds artificially enhancing water.
The entire basin of black water realizes 6 ¼ square miles, and is bordered to the west of the trough to the east of Zschopau, a little north of the Chemnitz, south with some, for Egergebiet associated streams, particularly the White Ritz. "