Sievers -Hohenofen is a municipality in the district Ostprignitz -Ruppin in the northwest of Brandenburg ( Germany ). The municipality was created on 31 December 1997 from the voluntary merger of the previously independent municipalities Waldsieversdorf and Hohenofen. Sievers village is characterized among other things by several listed Franconian Ernhäuser, the renovated and were again covered with traditional thatched roofs.
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
The community Sievers -Hohenofen between Neustadt ( Dosse) and Rhinow in the Rhin- Dosse Luch.
The first mention of Waldsieversdorf comes from a deed of 1334. Counts of Lindow and gentlemen of Ruppin, the brothers Günther and Ulrich and the brothers Adolph and Busso, confess that they by their prince, the Margrave Ludwig of Brandenburg, the city Wusterhausen / Dosse with all villages and estates, which can include, and especially the villages " Brunne ( Brunn ), Driplatz ( Trie place), Syuerdestorp ( Sievers village), Blankenburg, Plonitz ( Plänitz ) Cernitz ( Zernitz ) Gardiz ( Garz / Temnitztal ) and Dannenuelde ( Dannenwalde ) ", and also town and country Gransee came with all the villages and goods, for an exposure of 7000 Mark Brandenburg in pledge and own.
The story High furnace goes back to the founding of ironworks in 1693, which was to create the related services Brandenburg, Landgrave Frederick of Hesse -Homburg here. The Landgrave had inherited from his possession predecessor, Count of Mark King, the captain Liborius corner as Temporary Administrator. This scanned the area, which until then was four huts, and found in four slag mountains to prove that there must have been ironworks. An iron smelting in four cabins had already occurred to the " Slavic period " before 1250, as the name suggests. Eck also soon discovered the Eisenstein, the red iron sludge in the meadows, and the Landgrave decided to manufacture the iron again. It had to be obtained to operate the blower hydropower. Addition, one channel of Neustadt was created, which became the main run of the Dosse. For the " Hohenofen " of up to six feet mighty bog iron was needed. After ten years, the bog iron deposits and timber reserves in the surrounding area were exhausted. 1702 Ironworks Hohenofen was converted into a Seiger smelter ( silver-copper - divorce). The copper ores and fuels were transported by water from the Magdeburg. In 1836 was from the smelter a paper mill, which docked the Royal Seehandlung.
In 1622 there were two villages with two mayors: Small Waldsieversdorf and wholesale Waldsieversdorf. The villages were separated by a Dossearm on which to 1673 there was a water mill, the mill ditch today.
Even in 1841, the current Waldsieversdorf divided into small Waldsieversdorf, case- Waldsieversdorf and Büttner - sand.
Coat of arms
The coat of arms was approved on 5 April 2006.
Blazon: ". In red with a silver left flank, is above a green lime leaf, a silver - black church with determinate tower, black door and windows "
In the list of monuments in Sievers -Hohenofen are registered in the list of monuments of the country Brandenburg monuments.
- Franz Arndt (1848-1917), theologian and pastor