The district Treptow [ tre ː pto ː ] is a former borough of Berlin. It was founded as part of the Greater Berlin Act on 1 October 1920. On 1 January 2001 it was merged with the neighboring district of Köpenick the new district of Treptow- Köpenick.
The district Treptow was divided into several districts:
- Baumschulenweg (since 1945), the district or parts of Alt-Treptow
- Oberschoeneweide (1920-1938), then to the district Köpenick
- Wuhlheide (1920-1938), then to the district Köpenick
- Bohnsdorf (since 1938), the district Köpenick
- Plänterwald (since 1997), the district or parts of Alt-Treptow and Baumschulenweg
The district Treptow was along the Görlitz line that ran along by the former district. This railway line began at the former Görlitz Station at the northern end of the district Alt-Treptow and led parallel to the road thoroughfare of the Eagle frame after King Wusterhausen. The former borough of Treptow extended as an elongated area of the city of Berlin to the city limits, at its widest point, barely ten miles wide, but almost 30 kilometers long.
On both sides of the Görlitz line developed industrial areas, and from rural villages grew districts of Berlin approach, which were amalgamated in 1920. From colonization beginning in Alt -Treptow, settled areas are alternating left / right on the rail / road route, Plänterwald ( east ), Baumschulenweg ( west ), Niederschoeneweide ( east ), locust valley ( west ), Adlershof ( east ), Altglienicke ( west ), then Grunau ( east of Berlin Köpenick ) and Bohnsdorf ( west ). Also behind the outskirts of Berlin, the continuous settlement along the Görlitz line continues, followed Eichwalde, Zeuthen, Wildau (depending east ) to the settlement area of King Wusterhausen.
The last three villages are, however, already in the open, in each case in the East Lake Zeuthen, in the west the Görlitz line with the Kiebitzer fields and today's airport Berlin- Schönefeld. These villages without industrial areas were therefore not considered in the incorporation in 1920, and were managed by King Wusterhausen in Brandenburg.
If a change in district boundaries in 1938 the county gave the district Oberschoeneweide and Wuhlheide to the Köpenick district. At the same time came Bohnsdorf from Köpenick district of Treptow district. From the Neukölln district fell in the room Späthsfelde the areas north-east of the Teltow Canal in the district of Treptow. The population of the district fell by the boundary changes at 20,024 and the area of the district decreased by 45 hectares.
Vote shares of the parties in percent:
1 1933 DStP