VfL-Stadion am Elsterweg
- Games of VfL Wolfsburg (until 2002)
- Games of VfL Wolfsburg II
- Games of the women's team of VfL Wolfsburg
The VfL - Stadion am Elsterweg is a football stadium with a six-lane track and field facility in Wolfsburg. The stadium is the home of the women and the second men's team VfL Wolfsburg and has capacity for 17,600 spectators.
Around 1940, a sports ground was built east of the School of the City of the KdF car. In its place, the stadium was inaugurated on October 10, 1947, it became the new home of the first men's team of VfL. In 1961, the covered grandstand that was built for 750,000 DM from concrete elements arose. After the VfL - Men have risen to the Bundesliga in 1997, the stadium was renovated and expanded to a capacity of 21,600 seats. The completion of the Volkswagen Arena the last game of the first football men's team in the VfL -Stadion took place on 23 November 2002. After moving the VfL players in the new venue, the stadium was built back to a capacity of 17,600 spectators (12,500 seats).
Since then, the women's team (Bundesliga ) and the second men's team (Regionalliga North) play in the VfL -Stadion. Furthermore, playing the second women's team play their home games at one of the adjacent locations of the VfL -Stadion. The arena is currently the largest stadium in the women's Bundesliga.
On 25 October 2001, the German women's national team played in the World Cup qualifiers against the selection of Portugal. In the 9-0 win the DFB - Elf Conny Pohlers scored the first German player scored five goals in an international match.
The construction of a second, small football arena for about 5,000 spectators for the U23 and the she-wolves in Allerpark by VfL Football GmbH the old stadium loses on Elsterweg 2014 important. How the future will look like on Elsterweg, is not yet clear because of the terrain consists million dollar renovation needs, possibly could here a multipurpose hall arise in the heritage-listed grandstand could be integrated.