Andrate ( Andra Piedmontese ) is a municipality with 520 inhabitants (as at 31 December 2012) in the Italian province of Turin (TO ), Region Piedmont.
Andrate is part of the joint management Comunità Montana Dora Baltea Canavesana.
The place is 65 km from the provincial capital of Turin at an altitude of 836 m above sea level. The entire municipality covers an area of 9.32 km ² and extends from 630 m to 2227 m. The municipality is located on the top of an elongated mountain ridge of the Serra d' Ivrea, at the northern edge of the Po Valley above Ivrea.
The place has its origins in the Middle Ages. First mentioned in writing the place was in a treatise on sheep breeding and farming in the region dating back to 1222. Andrate The name comes from the two Celtic words and art and for divided country. The name can be traced back from the sharp demarcation from the neighboring community Donato through the mountain river Viola.
First, the place was among the possessions of the Counts of the Canavese, later he was part of the diocese of Ivrea. From 1410 ruled local feudal lord.
In the Parish Church Parish of St. Peter in Chains, built in 1690-1717, the martyr San Juvenal is buried, a missionary who worked in the area. Other churches of the village are the church of al Campo Santo and the Chiesa di Santa Maria.
The local museum Museo della Civiltà Contadina an exhibition on the life of the people in the region.
The village has a kindergarten and a primary school.