History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- 400: In India, the number zero is used for the first time.
- 400: First church books prohibition; it speaks of the prohibition to read Origen's writings or to possess (see: Edict contra Origenem ).
- 401: Alaric falls with the Goths in Italy and come to Milan; Devastation in Northern Italy. The Romans pull their troops back to Italy and move the capital from Milan to Ravenna.
- 404: Final prohibition of gladiatorial games by Flavius Honorius.
- December 31 406: Vandals, Quadi, Alans, Suevi and Alemanni fall together into the deserted by the Roman troops Gaul.
- 409: Vandals, Quadi, Suevi and Alans conclude a settlement agreement with respect to their residential areas in the Iberian Peninsula. The distribution of the settlements is done by lot: the Suevi and the Vandals asdingischen receive Galicia, the Alans Lusitania, the Vandals Siling the Baetica.