History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- June 22-July 31 431: Council of Ephesus, the third ecumenical council. It rejects Nestorianism and referred to Mary as Theotokos. Also Pelagianism condemned as heretical. Patriarch Nestorius of Constantinople Opel is issued. The Assyrian Church does not recognize the conciliar decisions and splits off.
- 434: Attila wins with his brother Bleda the leadership of the tribes of the Huns.
- 436: Destruction of the Burgundian Kingdom by the Roman Magister militum Aetius using Hunnic auxiliaries, for a breach of contract on the part of the Burgundians. The king of the Burgundians, Gundahar, falls in battle. These events form the historical context to the core of the Nibelungen saga. New King of the rest of the people will Gundioch.
- 438: Theodosius II published the Theodosian Code.
- The last gladiator fight takes place at the Colosseum.