Baierbrunn is a community in the Upper Bavarian district of Munich, which consists of the districts Baierbrunn and Buchhain. Baierbrunn between Schaeftlarn and Pullach, south of Munich, the Isar and is on the Isartalbahn that leads from Munich to Wolfratshausen and previously went to mountain, this connected to the Munich S - Bahn network (S7).
Coat of arms
Under blue battlements main shield in silver three narrow black bars. The newly created coat of arms is reminiscent of the old castle of the former aristocratic family Baierbrunner, whose coat of arms is said to have contained three narrow black bars ( in the original silver / black).
The Via Julia, the Roman road from Augsburg to Salzburg crossed, north of Baierbrunn, probably at the George Stone, the Isar. Mention is Baierbrunn first 776 in a deed to the monastery Schaeftlarn. Baierbrunn was until 1803 a closed Hofmark of the monastery and was in the course of administrative reform in Bavaria in 1818 an independent political community. The district Buchhain was founded shortly before 1939.
On the corridor Konradshöhe on the southeastern outskirts of the village on the river Isar, the Outbound castle was Baierbrunn.
- Climbing Baierbrunn, Geotop number 184A001
- Digestion in a landslide Baierbrunn, Geotop number 184A002
- George Stone, Geotop number 184R004
List of monuments in Baierbrunn
Although Baierbrunn itself has no airfield or airport, there is a small center for general aviation. There are, for example, an insurance agency for aviation, an avionics operation and a repair operation for aircraft engines. In addition, located in Baierbrunn a manufacturing firm for air conditioners and the word & image publisher with his health magazine Apothekenumschau.
- Rolf Becker, publisher
- Lothar Fischer, sculptor
- Konrad Löw, political scientist