Putzbrunn is a municipality in the district of Munich, Regierungsbezirk Oberbayern and the smallest contiguous to Munich community.
- 3.1 Mayor
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 5.1 churches
Putzbrunn is located in the Munich region, about 15 km south-east of Munich. Neighboring municipalities are Ottobrunn, Neubiberg, hair, grass Brunn and Hohenbrunn.
The municipality has the following districts: Oedenstockach, Putzbrunn, Solalinden, forest colony.
Putzbrunn was founded more than a thousand years ago. The evidence for the local establishment reject the 8th century of our era. The records of the Bishopric of Freising call in 770 a certain Puzzi, whose clan originated most likely from the Hachinger valley. Documented cleaning Brunn was first mentioned as Puzeprunnin in the documents of the Archdiocese of Salzburg in the period 976-991. So the name means " fountain of Puzzi ". In the area south-east of Munich at the Munich gravel plain drinking water had to be fetched from several meters depth, and to the respective wells created settlements. The municipality has Putzbrunn, although located right outside the city limits of Munich, its rural character until today can preserve.
On 26 March 2006, elected as the new mayor Edwin Abbey Meier (SPD). He took office two days later. This followed the resignation of the incumbent since 1996 First Mayor Josef Keller Meier on November 3, 2005. Pending the election of the official duties of 2 Mayor Albert Tomasini (CSU ) were performed. On March 11, 2012 Edwin Meier monastery was re-elected.
Coat of arms
Blazon: " A silver tip is swept, in a red tube fountain with trough, divided; front in green with a silver Seeblatt, divided back by a narrow silver wave beams of red and green. "
Sons and daughters of the town
- Florian Hahn ( born 1974 ), President of the CSU Bundestag of the constituency Munich -Land, living in Oedenstockach ( Putzbrunn )
- Martin clamping ring ( b. 1969 ), former professional football player, has learned to play football at the local Putzbrunner SV
- Max Merkel ( born December 7, 1918 in Vienna, † 28 November, 2006 Putzbrunn, Upper Bavaria ) was an Austrian football player and coach.
Culture and sights
→ List of monuments in Putzbrunn
In 2006, the following churches existed:
- Catholic Church of St. Stephan
- Old Church of St. Stephen
- Evangelical Lutheran Jubilatekirche