Cleebronn is a municipality in the district of Heilbronn in Baden- Württemberg. It belongs to the marginal zone of the metropolitan region of Stuttgart.

  • 2.1 religions
  • 3.1 municipal
  • 3.2 Coat of Arms and Flag
  • 4.1 Structures
  • 5.1 Viticulture
  • 5.2 traffic
  • 5.3 Established businesses
  • 5.4 Media
  • 5.5 Education
  • 5.6 Leisure
  • 6.1 freeman
  • 6.2 Sons and daughters of the town



Cleebronn located in Zabergäu in the south of the district Heilbronn just north of the crest of the Strombergs to 260 to 220 m above sea level. NN. The village lies in the valley and on the lower slopes of a Nebentals flows through the north-east of Ruitbach, which flows further down the valley as Mr. Wiesbach in the Zaber. About a half mile southeast of the town center stands the 394 -meter-high Mount Michael, symbol of the community and of the whole Zabergaus. On its slopes wine production, which also characterizes the environment.

Neighboring communities

Neighboring municipalities Cleebronns are ( clockwise from the west): Gueglingen brackish home (both in Heilbronn), Boennigheim and Saxony Home (both in Ludwigsburg ). With brackish Home Cleebronn has entered into an Agreed administrative matters.

Community structure

To Cleebronn There are no other districts, but as places in a geographical sense, the hamlet Treffentrill, the Court Catherine Plaisir, castle and courtyard stomach home and residential places Michael Berg and Neumagenheim. Outbound, no longer existing places on mountian Cleebronn are Balzhof, low - Ramsbach, rest blades and Tripstrill or Treffentrill, a Vorgängerort the present hamlet of the same name.


Cleebronn was first mentioned under the name Kleberen in 1279 in a document. Later forms of the name were Clobern and Cleibern, 1291 Cleebrunn was mentioned in the 15th century it was Cleebronn. The name is attributed to the fact that probably formed as Burgweiler the near Niederbolheim stomach home place was in the nuthatches, ie in a wet meadow valley, where there was clay.

In the 13th century the Electorate of Mainz, ie the secular Electorate belonged ( the Archbishopric of Mainz, also called Kurmainz ), the Lorsch monastery acquired property and rights around the Michael's Mount, which were awarded to the resident in Cleebronn Lords of gastric home. In the 14th century (at the latest in 1367 ) acquired Württemberg about two-thirds of the place as Württembergisch Cleebronn; the remaining third remained in the ownership of the Electorate of Mainz Main hissing Cleebronn, but was repeatedly pledged, so in 1727 the kurmainzischen Lord Chamberlain and Privy Councillor Johann Philipp von Stadion ( 1652-1741 ). 1785 Electoral Mainz district was also purchased from Württemberg, but remained local independently. The two independently until 1843 lasting communities that were separated by a creek, were since 1811 Alt- Cleebronn ( the old -Württemberg part ) and New Cleebronn ( the newly -Württemberg, formerly part Electoral Mainz ) called. Only with effect from January 1, 1844 Old and New Cleebronn Cleebronn were reunited for new community Cleebronn.


Alt- Cleebronn with Raphael Church was originally a branch church of messenger home and was built in 1480 collected for independent parish, which was reformed in the wake of the Reformation in Württemberg in 1534. For residents of Main hissing Cleebronn consisted own Lady Chapel, but the Württemberg pastor from 1558 was responsible for both districts. 1736 Main hissing Cleebronn was the parish after Württembergisch Cleebronn. Since the Reformation, the place is predominantly Protestant. In Cleebronn there are a Lutheran church. The Catholic Christians belong to the Catholic Church in Güglingen.


Parish council

The local elections of 7 June 2009 yielded the following results:

  • CDU 41.6 % ( 3.6 ) - 5 seats ( =)
  • FWV 35.9 % ( - 6.3 ) - 4 seats ( - 1 )
  • Environmental Working Group ( AGU) 22.5 % ( 2.8 ) - 3 seats ( 1)

Another member of the council and its chairman is the mayor.

Coat of arms and flag

The blazon of the coat of arms Cleebronner is: In silver with a red wheel sechsspeichigen a three-leafed green shamrock. The municipal flag is green and white.

The wheel is the Wheel of Mainz from Kurmainz in inverted colors and recalls the centuries- long membership of the district New Cleebronn to Mainz. The shamrock is a volksetymologischen interpretation of the name sprung spot signs Cleebronns and since the beginning of the 17th century walls, handed down on a milestone and Kieserschen forest stock book of 1684. The first seal of the Old - Württemberg Cleebronn is available in prints from 1651 and 1653, shows a coat of arms vollredendes a draw-well, which is covered below three clover leaves, about a rechtshin lying deer rod as a reference to the Württemberg local rule. A later seal, 1715-1759 detectable, shows only a shamrock. The Seal of the main hiss New Cleebronn from 1695 shows in blazon the Mainz wheel on a shamrock, above the shield miter and crook. In the 19th century the coat of arms with Mainzer Rad and shamrock became the emblem of the 1843 United of old and new Cleebronn community; in comparison to the Wheel of Mainz reverse coat of arms colors ( red wheel on silver ) were established in 1919 by the Württemberg Archives Directorate. On April 25, 1956, the Cleebronner council adopted the flag colors of green and white.

Culture and sights


  • Above the village on a hill, lies the castle stomach home, a Hohenstaufen castle complex of about 1230/1250, the former seat of the Lords of gastric home.
  • The Protestant Raphael Church has early Gothic building parts. Inside, the church was remodeled many times, its present appearance she received through an extensive renovation in 1992. Near the church is the old rectory.
  • The present Town Hall was built in 1736 and remodeled several times. On the exterior, several envy grimaces are attached, which are designed to keep jealousy out of the house.
  • The mansion was built in 1902 as a school on the site of the old Town Hall. The school system in the building ended in 1994, until 1997 it was modernized.
  • The wine of the place dates from 1907 and was the largest wine- Württemberg.
  • The bake house was built in 1930 and renovated in 1985, it includes two functional ovens.
  • The United Methodist Christ Church was consecrated in 1958.
  • On the Michael Berg is a late Romanesque church and a Capuchin hospice of 1739 (now Catholic youth house).
  • The hamlet of St. Catherine Plaisir is a baroque Hofgut, built by the Bönnigheim bailiff Grimm in 1733 and named after his wife.
  • At the local district lies at a height of 472 m above sea level the highest, but at the same nameless mountain of the Stromberg- main back. In the meantime he listed, 125 m high telecommunications tower Brackenheim 1 was built in 1969.
  • Museum of Local History " Trillarium " in the Altweibermühle

Backhaus 1930

Winepress of 1907

Chancel of St. Michael's Church

Economy and infrastructure


At Michael's Mount Wine has for over 1200 years. The layers are Großlage Heuchelberg in the field Württembergisch sub country. Crops are typical of Württemberg varieties such as Lemberger, Trollinger, Riesling and Kerner. Most tenants are the tenants Weingärtnergenossenschaft Cleebronn - Güglingen eG connected.


Connections to the national road network consist in Lauffen and Kirchheim am Neckar (B 27). The public transport system in the traffic group H3NV is guaranteed by buses. Connection to the rail network is also in Lauffen and Kirchheim am Neckar (Franconia train). The 1896 am Neckar opened Lauffen to Güglingen Zabergäubahn (1901 extended until Leonbronn ) closed Cleebronn over the station Frauenzimmern - Cleebronn in women's rooms on the railway network at. The line was shut down in 1986 for passenger and freight transport in 1995. Designed plans to reactivate the route as part of the Heilbronn city rail network by 2011, have not been followed up since 2006 due to lack of funding.

Established businesses

A well-known Cleebronner company is the zinc fireworks GmbH, which manufactures fireworks. The company was founded in 1949 by Paul Zink, worked for 1884-1992 also existing in Cleebronn Explosivstoffabrik Depyfag before. The company is one of the last German fireworks manufacturer and has around 20 employees in addition to rockets for New Year's predominantly large fireworks that comes in numerous festivals in the Heilbronn area is being used, and pyrotechnic ammunition for customers around the world. Both the company's founder Paul zinc as well as his son and successor, Walter zinc were made ​​honorary citizens Cleebronns.


About the events in Cleebronn reports the daily newspaper in its issue Heilbronner Stimme SW, South West.


The Friedrich Hölderlin Elementary School in Cleebronn is operated as two spacious elementary school. Secondary schools are located in the neighboring towns. In addition, there are two kindergartens in sponsorship of the Protestant Church. Cleebronn also has a small library at the community center Old School.


At the foot of Michael Berg is the hamlet Treffentrill with the experience Tripsdrill. Attached is the wild Tripsdrill. Covering an area of ​​77 ha are about 100 attractions, zoological facilities and museums to see. Near Tripsdrill is the tennis court of the tennis club Cleebronn with five clay courts and a beach volleyball court.



Sons and daughters of the town

  • Maria Gottliebin grief, called Kummerin (1756-1828), a visionary radikalpietistische
  • Carl Krauch senior (1853-1934), Chemist
  • Rose Gotte (* 1938), journalist, educationalist and politician