Dolinsk, Sakhalin Oblast
Dolinsk (Russian Долинск ) is a town in Sakhalin Oblast (Russia) with 12,200 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city lies in the southeast of the island of Sakhalin, about 45 km north of the Oblasthauptstadt Yuzhno -Sakhalinsk, in the wide Talniederung the Naiba and its right tributaries. The coast of the Bay Terpenije the Sea of Okhotsk is about ten kilometers away.
The city Dolinsk is directly subordinate to the oblast, and as the administrative center of the homonymous Rajons.
1884, the Russian village Galkino - Wrasskoje was established in place of the present town and former Ainusiedlung Siantscha. From 1905 it belonged under the Treaty of Portsmouth under the name Ochiai (Japanese落 合 町, machi; Russian Отиай / Otiai ) to Japan and became the town ( machi ), where Ochiai here refers to the confluence of two rivers. 1945, the place came to the Soviet Union in 1946 and again in Dolinsk renamed (from Russian dolina for valley).
Note: Census data
Culture and sights
North West of the city near the coast, the water bird sanctuary Lebjaschjesee ( Swan Lake ).
Economy and infrastructure
In Dolinsk there are companies in the wood processing industry (paper) and mechanical engineering, in Rajon coal extraction, construction and fisheries.