The Fokker FV was a single-engine airliner from the Dutch manufacturer Nederlandsche Vliegtuigenfabriek from the 1920s. The usable either as a high-decker or double -decker aircraft could seat up to eight passengers. It was built just a prototype.
Before Anthony Fokker in 1922 went to the U.S., he instructed his chief designer Reinhold Platz with the design of a new transport aircraft. It should be able to be converted from a biplane with a high initial weight to a high-wing monoplane with a higher speed in a short time. In the passenger cabin, an on-board toilet was provided. With eight passenger seats, it should be slightly larger than the previously built models F.II and F.III.
The prototype introduced on December 7, 1922 from its first flight. It was found that the plywood panels of the passenger cabin were prone to vibration and a significant noise pollution caused inside the cab. So could end up no customers are gained, and the series production was omitted.
The fuselage structure consisted of a steel tube frame, the exterior was covered with fabric. One exception was the area of the passenger cabin, which was a plywood sheathing inside and out. Thereby, the stability of the aircraft must be enhanced. This double walls tended, however, to strong vibrations. The cabin was equipped unusually comfortable with toilet and heating. The aircraft had an open two-man cockpit with controls at both places.
The wings of the double-deck version received no wire bracing to facilitate the conversion to a high-wing aircraft. It had only the lower wing removed and extended to them the top.
To reduce the noise, the Rolls- Royce V-engine should be provided with a four-blade propeller. Since such but was not available, two two-bladed propellers were cruciform mounted above each other.
After the commissioning of the FV was an extensive testing by the Dutch Civil Aviation Authority. The idea to let the aircraft tentatively fly to Batavia, but was abandoned. Later it was temporarily left the Deruluft who refrained, however, after two weeks of tests on an order. Only in 1926 was the prototype sold to the Austrian ÖLAG.