The Fokker M.1 spider was the manufacturer " AHG Fokker Aeroplanbau " in Berlin -Johannisthal a low-wing monoplane. 25 copies were built, three of which came during the First World War with the German Air Force as a school and reconnaissance aircraft used.
In 1911 the J. Goedecker flying machines works for Anton Herman Gerard Fokker built a new aircraft with spars made of steel tubing and a one-sided canvas covering. With this aircraft, the Fokker gave the name "spider", he could earn his pilot certificate on May 16, 1911. As a result Goedecker supplied the parts for a total of 25 aircraft of this type, which assembled in Berlin Fokker -Johannisthal. Use they found at sporting aviators and the flying school Fokker Schwerin.
In June 1912 Fokker received by the Prussian Ministry of War an order for a spider, a year later for two more. There they were given the name "M -1" (military ). Instead of the usual steering wheel they were equipped with a joystick. They were used as unarmed reconnaissance aircraft they served as a school until the end of 1914.
The hull was made of wood construction with only two longitudinal members, the seats were covered with sheet metal. The wing consisted of two tubular steel spars, with ribs of short tubular steel and curved bamboo sticks for profiling. The slightly swept wings were covered on one side with fabric and had a strong dihedral on. The strain was carried out by steel cables. The tail was made stoffbespanntem bamboo tube. The height control was carried out by twisting the elevator control surface. The two triangular rudder were located above and below the height control. The fixed landing gear had two wheels on a solid axle and a tail skid with rubber cushioning. The military version had twin wheels.