Football Association of Wales
The Football Association of Wales (FAW, Welsh: Cymdeithas Bêl - droed Cymru ) is the Football Association of Wales.
The association was founded in 1876 and is therefore in accordance with the two largest associations of the United Kingdom - England and Scotland 's third oldest football association in the world. Together with the other three Home Nations as indicated associations of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland, the FAW is a permanent member of the International Football Association Board, which is responsible for the FIFA rules.
The Association is responsible for the Welsh national football team and the Welsh national football team of women, as well as all junior national teams.
UEFA five year ranking
Position in the UEFA five year ranking (in brackets the previous year placement). The abbreviation CL and EL countries behind the coefficients indicate the number of representatives in the 2014/15 season of the Champions League and the Europa League.
- 46 (49 ) Luxembourg Luxembourg (league, cup ) - coefficient: 3.375 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 47 (48 ) Northern Ireland Northern Ireland (league, cup ) - coefficient: 3.083 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 48 (46 ) Wales Wales (league, cup ) - coefficient: 2.583 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 49 (47 ) Estonia (league, cup ) - coefficient: 2.208 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 50 (50 ) Armenia Armenia (league, cup ) - coefficient: 1,750 - CL: 1, EL: 3
As of the end of the European campaign of 2012/13