Estonian Football Association
The Eesti Jalgpalli Liit ( EJL ) is the Estonian Football Association. It has its headquarters in Tallinn.
The EJL is responsible for the organization of football in Estonia and is thus responsible among other things for the Estonian national football team. He is also the host of the highest Estonian leagues and Meistriliiga Esiliiga, and the Estonian Cup.
The Estonian Football Association was founded in 1921, three years after independence and joined two years later of FIFA. During the period of Soviet occupation after the Second World War, the association was dissolved and in 1992 after re- independence again a member of FIFA and UEFA for the first time.
UEFA five year ranking
Position in the UEFA five year ranking (in brackets the previous year placement). The abbreviation CL and EL countries behind the coefficients indicate the number of representatives in the 2014/15 season of the Champions League and the Europa League.
- 47 (48 ) Northern Ireland Northern Ireland (league, cup ) - coefficient: 3.083 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 48 (46 ) Wales Wales (league, cup ) - coefficient: 2.583 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 49 (47 ) Estonia (league, cup ) - coefficient: 2.208 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 50 (50 ) Armenia Armenia (league, cup ) - coefficient: 1,750 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 51 (51 ) Faroe Faroe Islands (league, cup ) - coefficient: 1.583 - CL: 1, EL: 3
As of the end of the European campaign of 2012/13