Malta Football Association
The Malta Football Association (MFA ) is the Maltese Football Association.
The Malta Football Association was founded in 1900, but it did not occur until 1959, the FIFA and UEFA over a year later. Since 1972, the Maltese national football team takes part in official international matches. Since 1974, Malta has played regularly with in the European Championship and World Cup qualifiers.
The association takes care of the organization of the Maltese Football League, the Maltese Premier League and the Women's National Team. Furthermore, the association manages all national youth teams ( U17, U19, U21), as the Maltese national football team.
UEFA five year ranking
Position in the UEFA five year ranking (in brackets the previous year placement). The abbreviation CL and EL countries behind the coefficients indicate the number of representatives in the 2014/15 season of the Champions League and the Europa League.
- 42 (39 ) Macedonia Macedonia (league, cup ) - coefficient: 5.250 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 43 (44 ) Albania Albania (league, cup ) - coefficient: 4.166 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 44 (45 ) Malta (league, cup ) - coefficient: 3.958 - CL: 1, EL: 3
- 45 (43 ) Liechtenstein Liechtenstein (Cup ) - coefficient: 3,500 - CL: 0 EL: 1
- 46 (49 ) Luxembourg Luxembourg (league, cup ) - coefficient: 3.375 - CL: 1, EL: 3
As of the end of the European campaign of 2012/13