Hardanger is the name of a region in the province (county ) Hordaland in Norway. Hardanger includes the municipalities of Odda, Ullensvang, Eidfjord, Ulvik, Granvin, Kvam and Jondal.
The area is known for its picturesque fjords, mountains hochansteigenden on their shores with dramatic waterfalls and glaciers. Hardanger is an important fruit growing region of Norway.
After the Hardanger region are named:
- The Hardanger Fjord, the fjord,
- Hardangervidda, the Fjell ( high level) and National Park,
- The Hardangerjøkul, the glacier and
- The Hardanger fiddle, a Norwegian 10 -string bowed instrument.
- Hardanger embroidery technique