As Jenkins had completed his degree at Georgia Southern University in 2003, he moved to Nuremberg RCE hawk in the 2nd Basketball Bundesliga South and thus began his professional basketball career. In his first season in Germany, he scored 22.5 points per game and established himself as one of the best scorers in the league. His second season ended even more successful, as he scored 27.1 points per game and was eventually named the most valuable player of the second basketball league.
Through its strong financial performance stronger clubs were aware of him, which gave him to play along better paying contracts and also the possibility in European competitions. Thus in 2005 he moved to Belgium to Euphony Bree, with whom he also took part in the ULEB Eurocup. In the Belgian league, he scored 18.4 points per game in the Eurocup 17.8 points.
After his season in Belgium, he returned to the National Basketball League and signed a contract with Alba Berlin. With Berlin in 2008, he won the German Championship, the 2009 Cup, and in 2010 reached the final of the Euro Cup. He, too, was able to convince individually, and was named MVP of the 2008 BBL All-Star Game, 2008 and 2010 MVP of the National Basketball League, and in 2008, 2009 and 2010 for best offensive player in the National Basketball League. Both the euro and the former ULEB Cup and in the Euro League Jenkins was able to convince with double-digit point yields. With a total of 4,154 points in 272 games, he stands behind Wendell Alexis and Henrik Rödl in third place of eternal Scorer list of Alba Berlin.
After five years, Alba Berlin decided not to renew the contract with him, and so he signed a contract for two years with Brose Baskets Bamberg. However, this agreement did not meet Jenkins, and moved in 2012 to the EWE Baskets Oldenburg.
Jenkins is married and has two daughters.
- NCAA: Second Team All- SoCon (Southern Conference) (2001)
- NCAA: Second Team All- SoCon Tournament (Southern Conference) (2003)
- MVP of the second National Basketball League (2005)
- BBL MVP of the All-Star Game (2008)
- Best offensive player of the National Basketball League (2008)
- MVP of BBL (2008)
- German champion with Alba Berlin ( 2008)
- German Cup winner with Alba Berlin (2009 )
- MVP of BBL (2010)
- Best offensive player of the BBL (2010)
- All BBL 1st Team (2010 )
- German Cup winner with the Brose Baskets Bamberg (2012 )
- German champions Brose Baskets Bamberg with the (2012 )