Kita- Akita (Japanese北 秋田 市, -shi, literally: northern Akita ) is a town in Akita Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan.
Kita- Akita is located northeast of Akita and southwest of Aomori.
The city of Kita- Akita was on 22 March 2003 from the merger of the municipalities Takanosu (鹰 巣 町, machi ), Aikawa (合川 町, machi ), Moriyoshi (森吉 町, machi ) and Ani (阿仁 町, machi ) founded in the district Kita- Akita.
- Street: National Road 7: Aomori and Niigata
- National roads 105, 285
- JR Ou Main Line: Fukushima and Aomori
Sons and daughters of the town
- Yusuke Minato (* 1985), Nordic Combiner
- Fuyuko Suzuki ( * 1989), biathlete
- Daito Takahashi ( born 1980 ), Nordic Combiner
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Fuji Sato