Semboku (Japanese仙 北市, - shi) is a city located in Akita Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan.
Semboku is located east of Akita and west of Morioka. The Ou Mountains to the 1,637 m high Akita Komagatake and the 1,366 m high Akita - Yake -yama is located east of the city. The Omono flows through the city.
The city was founded on September 20, 2005 from the communities Kakunodate (角 馆 町, machi ), (田 沢 湖,町-machi ), and the village of Nishiki (西 木村, -mura ) of the district Semboku Tazawako founded.
- Lake Tazawa
- Nyuto Onsenkyo (乳头 温泉 郷): an area with several hot springs, with which the Tsuru -no -yu onsen (鶴の湯温泉) is the best known
- Street: National roads 46, 105, 341
- JR Akita Shinkansen
- JR Tazawako - line
Sons and daughters of the town
- Norihisa Satake ( * 1947 in what was then Kakunodate ), Japanese politician
- Kenji Tomiki (1900-1979 in what was then Kakunodate ), Japanese aikido teacher
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Akita Prefecture Kita- Akita
- Japan Omura, Japan, since 1979
- Japan Sanuki, Japan, since 1996
- Japan Shinjō, Japan, since 1996
- Japan Takahagi, Japan, since 1996
- Japan Hitachi Ōta, Japan, since 1998