Yokote (Japanese横 手 市, -shi) is a city in Akita Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan.
Yokote is located southeast of Akita and north of Yamagata. The Ou mountain range lies to the east of the city. The Omono flows through the city.
- Street: Akita highway
- National Road 13: Fukushima and Akita
- National roads 107, 342, 397
- JR Ou Main Line
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Akita Prefecture Yuzawa
- Japan Atsugi, Japan, since 1985
- Japan Naka, Japan, since 2004
Sons and daughters of the town
- Ishikawa Tatsuzo (1905-1985), writer