Kamp Monastery Bloom ( 1190 ) Monastery Aduard ( 1192 ) Monastery Gerka ( 1240)
The monastery Klaarkamp, latin Monasterium beatae Mariae de Campo Claro ( Monastery of Saint Mary of Klaarkamp ) was a Cistercian abbey approximately four kilometers southwest of Dokkum (municipality Dongeradeel ) and two kilometers north of Rinsumageest in the Dutch province of Friesland.
The monastery was founded as a daughter house of the primary Clairvaux Abbey in France (the vast version, according to other data as a daughter house of the monastery Riddagshausen in Braunschweig, and the monastery of filiation primary Abbey Mori Moon zuwiese ) founded in 1163 or 1165. The abbey stood monastery Bloom Kamp (founded in 1190 in Bolsward ) Aduard monastery (founded in 1192 ) and monastery Gerka or Gerke Monastery ( founded in 1240 in Buitenpost ). The monastery, which produced bricks from the local clay is said to have counted hundreds of converse. It was well off in Janum, Sijbrandahuis, Veenwouden and named after the clothing of the monks island Schiermonnikoog. It had the grange Better If that should have been in Westdongeradeel. During the Reformation, battles of the Eighty Years' War Friesland went over to Protestantism. On 31 May 1580 the abbey was abolished and the possessions fell to the state of Friesland. The buildings were sold and canceled. In the 19th and 20th century of approximately four meters high hill on which the monastery had stood was excavated; on this occasion excavations took place.
Plant and buildings
Of the monastic buildings, nothing received. A large boulder marks the site of the monastery.