52.0772527777789.5542666666667163Koordinaten: 52 ° 4 ' 38 "N, 9 ° 33' 15" E
Lauenstein is a district of Salzhemmendorf in Lower Saxony district of Hamelin -Pyrmont and has about 2,100 residents.
Lauenstein is located in the Uplands, near the single deeper depression in the crest of the ridge Ith, in a transversely to Ithkamm eastward sloping valley. Part of the recent development extends beyond the valley into it up to the eastern slopes of the iths and in the Saale valley.
Lords in the area of the office were the noblemen of Homburg, which until 1409 who ruled from 1152. My seat was at the Homburg Eschershausen. The Count of Spiegelberg were 1152-1557 lords. They sat on the castle Spiegelberg and later the castle Coppenbruegge. Another important feudal lord was Bock of North Woods, who sat at the castle north woods in the north woods on Osterwald.
1215 Built Count Bernard of Poppenburg the castle Spiegelberg and called himself since Count Bernhard von Spiegelberg. In 1226 it was reported by the downfall of the castle Spiegelberg, as the noble lords of Homburg city Oldendorf won the dominion of Bernhard von Spiegelberg and could combine it with the Bailiwick of their rule Homburg. Bernhard had to go to the Emperor's command out of the country. Above the village today Lauenstein Homburger built probably in the 13th century, the castle Lauenstein as the new " Castrum Lewenstein ". As such, it was first mentioned in 1247, when Heinrich von Homburg Castle the Guelph Duke Otto transferred the child and she was given back as a fief. Shortly afterwards settled inhabitants of desolate later fallen villages in protection of the castle.
In 1359, the Office homburgische Lauenstein was charged with 40 localities first mentioned in the area between Ith, Hils and leash documented. The last descendant of the Homburger died in 1409 and bequeathed the castle to the Welf dukes of Brunswick- Lüneburg. The now have returned to Coppenbruegge Spiegelberger wanted to bring back their former possessions again. The feuds Wallensen, a district of Salzhemmendorf was completely destroyed.
In 1430 the stains Lauenstein was first mentioned in documents. The Dukes of Brunswick -Lüneburg pledged in 1433 due to financial difficulties, the Lauenstein Castle to the bishopric of Hildesheim, which it subsequently to the brothers von Cramm in 1434, Ludolf von Rusche Plate in 1445, the brothers block of North Wood in 1456, Bartold Oberg and the Knights brothers afterverlehnte from rods mountains in 1495, Henry of Saldern in 1497 and Burchard of Saldern in 1515.
1518 conquered the Hildesheim Bishop John IV of Saxe- Lauenburg Castle Lauenstein. As a result, Burchard was expelled from Saldern and burned the borough. As the successor to the bishop appointed a bailiff from Hildesheim. The power-political approach of the bishop had the Hildesheimer pin feud result.
The Dukes of Brunswick -Lüneburg retook 1521 Lauenstein and sat Burchard of Saldern again as Lord on a Lauenstein. In 1550, after the death of his father, took over Henry of Saldern Lauenstein. This fell out in 1587 with the dukes of Brunswick- Lüneburg. He was then removed and sold his offices. As a result, bailiffs were employed as managers at the Castle Lauenstein. 1590 Lauenstein was awarded by Duke Heinrich Julius market rights.
After the Lauenstein castle was destroyed as a result of the Thirty Years' War, the official residence in 1709 was temporarily relocated to the Eggersen domain. 1716 came Christian Eberhard Niemeyer Lauenstein, where he worked as a bailiff for over 50 years. On 20 October 1730 place burned down by the negligence of a baker. The reconstruction, using stones from the higher-lying Castle Lauenstein, lasted three years. In 1737 Amtmann Niemeyer bought the site of the bailey, the boys castle, and business there until 1850 agriculture. Beginning of the 19th century, the decaying castle Lauenstein was canceled.
In 1852 Lauenstein was a district court.
Coat of arms
In the split plate left the tangled golden letters L and S on a blue background, right half golden lily emblem on a red background, and the right and left top and bottom center each a gold star. The letters L and S mean Lauenstein. The brothers von Cramm, who were lords of the castle 1434-1445 Lauenstein, wore a lily of the coat of arms. The coat of arms image halved probably indicates that the Lauensteiner were indeed subjects of the lords, the spots had but gained its own administration (Mayor and Council). The three stars are supposed to be to come under Duke Eric I of Calenberg (1495-1540), who was allowed to attach in gratitude of the Emperor for a life-saving one star on his coat of arms.
Beginning of the 19th century the castle was demolished because of Lauenstein increasing decay. Today she is a ruined castle.
The St. Anne's Chapel is one of the oldest churches in the district, today it is a cemetery chapel. The tower was around 1126 and the first ship built in 1162. The construction of the choir cultivation was carried out in the year in 1464. Above the tracery of the choir window, there is an inscription in Gothic lowercase. The chapel has an altar with a former relics grave and consecration crosses. An old Piscina is located in the east wall. Formerly there were two galleries that were removed as part of a renovation in 1954. In the area covered with stone slabs from the Solling church tower is the bell Madonna from Spiegelberg of 1695th
The Ithturm offers a view over the region. Furthermore, there is in Lauenstein a nature adventure.
Ithturm at Lauenstein
Ruins of the Castle Lauenstein
In addition to agriculture was spun wool for the weaving of Hamelin from 1780 in homework. Many residents worked at, founded by Otto Kreibaum prefab OKAL group, which had its headquarters and factory for Lower Saxony until 2005 in Lauenstein. Here there is a model house grounds.
The historic St. Nicholas Church on the road in spots belongs to the Evangelical- Lutheran congregation Association Saale valley. The community association also operates the daycare Villa Kreibaum at the mill road.
The Catholic St. Benedict's Church was built in 1961 on Dahlienweg, according to which in the postwar period a Catholic parish was formed in Lauenstein. In 1968 she got a now- deconsecrated church branch in Coppenbruegge. Since 2006, the Catholic church is in Lauenstein to the parish of St. Joseph in Gronau.
In the cemetery on the road to Hemmendorf the St. Anne's Chapel, also Spiegelberger chapel is called (see Sightseeing ).
- Conrad Werner Wedemeyer (1662-1732), chief official and landowner
- Rudorff Ernst (1840-1916), composer, music educator and conservationist in Lauenstein
- Kreibaum Otto (1902-1985), entrepreneur, founder of OKAL ( Otto Kreibaum from Lauenstein )