The Miami University is a public university in Oxford, Ohio located in the southwest of the U.S. state of Ohio, about 50 km north- west of Cincinnati. Founded in 1809, it is the oldest university west of the Allegheny Mountains and the seventh - oldest state university in the USA. It is one of the best public universities, called a Public Ivy. Currently, 23,100 students are enrolled.
The University is spread over four sites. In addition to the main campus in Oxford there is a campus in Hamilton, one in Middletown, as well as the John E. Dolibois European Campus in Differdange ( Luxembourg ).
- Engineering Science and Allied Professions
- Arts and Sciences
- Fine Arts
- Economics ( Richard T. Farmer School of Business )
- Graduate School
The sports teams are the Miami University RedHawks. The University is a member of the Mid- American Conference.
- Paul Brown (1908-1991), American football coach
- Maria Cantwell (born 1958 ), Senator for the State of Washington
- Art Clokey (1921-2010), director and animation Animator
- Steve Driehaus (born 1966 ), member of the U.S. House of Representatives
- Weeb Ewbank (1907-1998), American football coach
- Stanley Greenberg ( born 1945 ), political advisor
- John Harbaugh (born 1962 ), American football coach
- Ron Harper (born 1964 ), basketball player
- Benjamin Harrison (1833-1901), former President of the United States
- Nathan Peavy, ( born 1985 ), basketball player
- Ben Roethlisberger ( b. 1982 ), football player
- Paul Ryan (born in 1970 ), the Republican candidate, Vice President, Presidential Election 2012
- Wally Szczerbiak ( born 1977 ), basketball player
- Dustin Whitecotton ( born 1979 ), ice hockey player
- Kate Voegele ( born 1986 ), singer and actress
- Mack Yoho ( b. 1936 ), football player