Nakhon Sawan ( Thai: นครสวรรค์, such as: City of Heaven, also Paknam Pho called ) is a major city ( เทศบาล นคร นครสวรรค์ ) in the Thai province of Nakhon Sawan. It is the capital of the district ( Amphoe ) Mueang Nakhon Sawan and Nakhon Sawan province. The Nakhon Sawan Province is located in the northern region of Thailand.
The city of Nakhon Sawan has 87 722 inhabitants. (2012 )
- 3.1 Road traffic
- 3.2 Rail
- 3.3 bus
- 3.4 Air Traffic
- 3.5 waterway
Nakhon Sawan is located about 240 kilometers north of the capital Bangkok at the confluence of the Ping and Nan, which then form the Chao Phraya River.
Economic importance and
Timber trade is the main source of income, although since 1989 a total ban on the felling of tropical timber has been pronounced. There are tropical timber from Myanmar and Laos imported.
Moreover, it operates Agriculture:
- Jute (cotton)
There are several important highways which meet in the city:
- Thanon Phahonyothin (Highway 1): North-South Connection
- Highway 117: to Phitsanulok
- Highway 225: east
- Nakhon Sawan Station (Northern Line ) in Nong Pling
- Pak Nam Pho Station (Northern Line ), in Ban Nong Duk
- Station Bueng Boraphet (Northern Line ), in Kraing Krai
Nakhon Sawan has a Fernbusterminal.
The Nakhon Sawan Airport ( ICAO: VTPN ), he is currently served by any scheduled airline.
Ship traffic hardly matters, because the Maenam Chao Phraya hampered by the Chaophraya Dam water transport.
- Nakhon Sawan Rajabhat University ( Thai: มหาวิทยาลัย ราชภัฏ นคร สวร ร )
- Chaophraya University ( Thai: มหาวิทยาลัย เจ้าพระยา )
- Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University, Nakhon Sawan Campus
- Nakhon Sawan Technical College
- Sawan Pracharak Nursing College
- Nakhon Sawan Industrial and Community Education College
Nakhon Sawan has nine hospitals and several health center.
- Rattanajet Hospital ( Private Hospital )
- Sawan Pracharak hospital ( โรง พยาบาล สวรรค์ ประชา รักษ์ )
- Si Khwae hospital
- Srisawan hospital ( โรง พยาบาล ศรี สวรรค์ ) ( Private Hospital )
- Paknam Pho hospital ( โรง พยาบาล ปากน้ำ โพ ) ( Private Hospital )
- Romchat Hospital ( Private Hospital )
- Khai Chira Prawat hospital
- Ruam phàt Hospital ( Private Hospital )
- Nakhon Sawan Rajanakarindra Psychiatric Hospital (โรงพยาบาลจิตเวชนครสวรรค์ราชนครินทร์)
Nakhon Sawan is an old foundation, which has already played a significant role as a gateway to the North during the Sukhothai period. It lives since the end of the 19th century, a significant Chinese -born population here.
- Khao Woranat Banphot ( Khao Kop ) - Buddhist temple complex located on a hill. On the mountain, after a climb more than 450 steps, one has a view of the provincial capital and the swamps Bung Boraphet. According to legend, the temple was founded in the 13th century by King Li Thai of Sukhothai. In Viharn on the mountain there is a footprint of the Buddha from the Sukhothai period.
- Local festival is the kite festival - in January / February is the Chinese New Year, the kite festival held, with a large procession that accompanies a giant kite. It's called Nakhon Sawan, the dragon city.