Pont de Neuilly
48.8866666666672.2547222222222Koordinaten: 48 ° 53 ' 12 " N, 2 ° 15' 17 " O
His and quays
The Pont de Neuilly is a bridge over the Seine River between Neuilly -sur -Seine at Courbevoie and Puteaux right and on the left bank. All three locations are part of the department of Hauts -de- Seine, in the metropolitan area of Paris in France.
The bridge is located in the part of the Axe historique by the Louvre on the Place de la Concorde, the Avenue des Champs- Élysées, Arc de Triomphe, the Avenue de la Grande Armée, the Porte Maillot, Avenue Charles de Gaulle and the Pont de Neuilly to the Grande Arche in La Défense high.
The bridge is used with two tracks in the midst of the Métro line 1, and each with four lanes and wide sidewalks to traffic on the Avenue Charles de Gaulle, tapers underground to them, openly go over the bridge and immediately after the bridge again in a tunnel disappears. This tunnel under the Défense is also the beginning of the Autoroute A14, which opens to the west into the Autoroute A13 (also Autoroute de Normandie and Autoroute de l' Ouest called ).
The Pont de Neuilly, with a total length of around 250 m is exactly taken from four separate bridges: first crosses a stone-clad segmental arch bridge made of reinforced concrete, the four lanes on the right bank boulevard du Général Koenig / Boulevard du Général Leclerc. This bridge serves as an abutment for the following two hinged steel arch bridge with aufgeständerter bridge deck that spans with a clearance of 69 meters a side arm of the Seine to the Île du Pont. Of the approximately 60 m long central part monumental stone steps lead down to the island. On the other side of the island follows a similar steel arch bridge with a clearance of 82 m over the other arm of the Seine, and finally turn crosses a concrete bridge, the three lanes on the left bank road Quai de Dion Bouton. The two steel bridges are 40 meters wide, the bridge spans of concrete collar a little further.
Until 1606 it was in the north over the Seine, only a ferry. A poorly loaded ferry should Henri IV and return the Queen Maria de ' Medici on June 9, 1606 for the St- Germain -en- Laye on Neuilly to Paris. The ferry capsized, and the Queen had to be dragged by the hair from the Seine. Henri IV In response, yet in 1606 to build a wooden bridge over the Seine. This was dilapidated with time and partially destroyed in 1768 by the ice conditions. Louis XV. was therefore 1768 to build a 219 m long stone arch bridge by Jean -Rodolphe Perronet, which was inaugurated on 22 September 1772.
Perronet, director of the École royale des ponts et chaussées, dealt with the construction of a stone bridge, which should also resist the ice conditions. The awarding of the construction work was carried out on March 29 in 1768. Along with the bridge was the extension of the Avenue des Champs- Elysées, the present Avenue de la Grande Armée, created. The bridge was completed in the short for that time period of only six years. Caused a stir not only the very large spans of the same large sheet, but also the narrow pillars. Perronet turned so explicitly from the then prevailing view from that pillar of strength must be at a fifth of the span. With a sheet opening of 39 m, the 7.80 m thick pillars would have required. Perronet stressed, however, more important than the thickness of the piers is their careful creation, if necessary, the really down ranged to pile rusting, to a stable ground. In the well-known good quality of stone blocks from the Saillancourt 9 miles away sufficed 4.20 strong pillars, even 3.25 m would be sufficient. Furthermore, it is important to keep the water flowing through as much space as possible and thereby avoid a traffic jam in the headwater of the bridge, the agency shipping to major problems. Last but not least one of the importance of the bridge corresponding elegant appearance of the building is important. Perronet presented these ideas in his book Description of projets ... describes in detail, in which he reprinted the awarding zugrundgelegte specifications ( Devis ). Remarkably From today's perspective, the information which it contains of the expected upon removal of the falsework ( very low ) ratios. It consisted of 5 identical basket arches with spans of 39 m. The basket-handle arches were flared at both ends by so-called Cornes de vache. It opens from Capstone to a much further torispherical to the narrow Pfeilervorbauten, from where he obliquely inwards to the actual arch runs. This leaves the pillars that were just amazing 4.22 m thick here, still appear narrower and easier and gives the bridge by a more pleasing appearance. The bridge had a 9.42 m wide roadway and two sidewalks of just under 2 m; overall it was 14.6 m wide. The roadway and the afferent to her streets were on a horizontal level, there was no way to bridge the rising ramps and no gradients on the bridge. On April 27, 1887, the Pont de Neuilly was the starting point of the first automobile race in history; the target was in Paris Bois de Boulogne.
Perronets stone bridge was the forerunner of today's Pont de Neuilly, opened on December 2, 1942. On 1 April 1992, the new steel bridge was inaugurated, which had been extended by some additional arcs to make room for the extension of the metro line 1 to La Défense.