Schlins is a municipality of Walgau in the Austrian province of Vorarlberg with 2304 inhabitants ( as at 31 December 2013).
- 4.1 Coat of Arms
Schlins is north (right) of the Ill in the district of Feldkirch on the northern edge of the Walgau to 502 m above sea level. A. below the ruins Jagdberg. Through the southern municipality of Giesenbach flows. 32.7 % of the area is forested.
The Habsburgs ruled the places in today's changing of Tyrol Vorarlberg and Austria from front ( Freiburg im Breisgau). From 1805 to 1814, the town belonged to Bavaria, then back to the empire of Austria.
For Austrian crown land Vorarlberg Schlins belonged since its founding in 1861. The place was from 1945 to 1955 part of the French zone of occupation in Austria.
The proportion of foreigners at the end of 2002 at 12.6 percent.
The municipal council of the municipality Schlins consists of 21 members. Since the 2010 election, they shall be as follows: 12 seats ÖVP, SPÖ and FPÖ 6 seats 3 seats. Mayor since May 2013 Gabriele Mähr (ÖVP ). She followed in May 2013 by Harald Sonderegger, who was appointed as Provincial in the Vorarlberg State Government.
Coat of arms
Culture and sights
- The parish church of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception was already at a Hilariuskirche 821 and 940, the Ecclesia S. Michaelis in Sline et capella S. Mariae. The present church was consecrated in 1699 and restored in 1781, 1887, 1959 and 1992. In 1963 and 1987, the exterior was restored.
- The Chapel of St. Anne in Frommengärsch was built before 1500 and consecrated in 1512.
- Chapel of St. John Bosco: The chapel was built in 1927 according to the plan of Willibald Braun in the state special school Jagdberg.
- Chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary: The chapel in Jupident was built in 1963. It has a hall room with flat arched wooden ceiling and concrete glass windows and various murals Schrunser artist Konrad Honold.
- The ruins Jagdberg was probably built in the 12th century. It served as a center of the castle of the Counts of Montfort- Feldkirch Feldkirch- Tosters or for the end of the 13th century from the Feldkirch county became independent domination in the Middle Walgau. The interior of the palace is used since 1949 as an open- air stage.
- State special school Jagdberg: 1908 was the inclusion of the archaeological site in the reform school and today's state youth home Jagdberg by a swimming-pool in the courtyard the plant. The building was expanded in 1927 to plans by Willibald Braun.
Economy and infrastructure
In 2003 there were 43 farms in the place of the industrial economy, with 544 employees and 32 apprentices. Taxable wage -employed, there were 902 agriculture plays an important role. The proportion of agricultural land in the total area is 47.4 %. At the site there are (as of January 2003) 262 students. In Schlins there is also a kindergarten.
Beekeeping club hunting Mountain, One World Group Schlins Röns, Erne FC Schlins, Figl Club Satteins - Schlins, fishing club Schlins, community music Schlins, craftsmen and trade guild Schlins Röns, Jagdbergnarra, male choir Schlins - Röns, Mobile, fruit and horticulture club, Ortsfeuerwehr Schlins, Schlinser Oldie Tractors Club, Taekwondo Schlins, Trachtengruppe Schlins, Union Tennis Club Schlins.
- Albert Rauch (1908-1970), painter and Mayor