Traiskirchen is about 20 km south of Vienna, the city with 17 737 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013 ) in Lower Austria, which is also known due to the present there federal support center for asylum, the refugee camp known as Trai churches throughout Austria.
- 3.1 Amalgamations
- 3.2 Demographics
- 4.1 Observatory
- 4.2 Museums
- 4.3 churches
- 4.4 Sport
In addition to numerous industrial enterprises is an important economic activity in the region of viticulture. There are numerous wine taverns and a wine festival every year.
The main roads are the A2 motorway and the Wiener Neustadt road B 17 between Vienna and Wiener Neustadt.
Public transport links are the Badner Bahn, the Aspangbahn ÖBB as well as some bus routes.
Traiskirchen was the site of the Semperit tire plants. The company was established in 1985 sold to Continental AG. In 1994, the research and development department was transferred to the company headquarters in Hanover, 1996, the passenger car tire production reduced despite interventions by the federal government and in 2002 finally all set.
The municipality comprises the following five villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Möllersdorf ( 4033 )
- Oeynhausen ( 1092 )
- Traiskirchen ( 6238 )
- Tribuswinkel ( 3439 )
- Wienersdorf ( 2927 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral Möllersdorf, Oeynhausen, Traiskirchen, Tribuswinkel and Wienersdorf.
Development of the urban area
The cadastral Oeynhausen and Tribuswinkel were incorporated in 1972. The desire for separation of Tribuswinkel is very large in the population. Principle was also approved by higher authorities to do so. To date, however, could be financially not yet agree, because Tribuswinkel economy has experienced strong growth in recent decades.
Culture and sights
Trai churches, the oldest public observatory in Lower Austria (since 1967), the Franz- Kröller - observatory. It is located right in the city center on the roof of the town hall and can be reached through the entrance into the Bräuhausgasse.
- The City Museum Traiskirchen is housed in the listed building of the burden Strand branch factory of the former Vöslauer worsted factory.
There are several churches, including two located in Traiskirchen on the B17:
- Parish Church of St.. Margareta: Paved system. Church, rectory and the former cemetery are of a wide moat ( drained ) surrounded, which is crossed by a stone bridge to the gate tower.
- Filial church of St.. Nicholas: The Place the Church made in simple design stands detached at the market place and is oriented towards the east. A document attests, the Church was already around 1400.
- In the vicinity of the camp there is a Protestant church, built in 1913 in Art Nouveau style.
- The Parish Church of St.. Wolfgang is in the district Tribuswinkel, it is situated in the village on the main road, free standing on a terrace surrounded by lime trees and is oriented to the west.
- The parish church of the Virgin name in Möllersdorf, facing south at Franz- Broschek Square, was built in the years 1967/68 by the architect Carl Auböck. 1968 Möllersdorf was elevated to an independent parish.
- The Church in Oeynhausen is also available at the B17.
- The club Arkadia Traiskirchen Lions playing in the first Austrian basketball league.
- The base - and softball club Traiskirchen Grasshoppers with their own ballpark when sports and leisure center Traiskirchen.
- The football club FCM Traiskirchen currently playing in the second division (Lower Austria ).
- The association TC Traiskirchen has his club seat in the sports and leisure center Traiskirchen and plays in the county league south / east.
- The sports school Traiskirchen
- The association RuckTchouk Traiskirchen, 1 Austrian Tchoukballverein
In Traiskirchen is also the educational center of the security police ( BZS ) Traiskirchen the Security Academy, but that is not to be confused with the BZS Lower Austria Ybbs an der Donau.
- Fendi Joseph, the father of the painter Peter Fendi came from Traiskirchen
- Josef Ferschner (1892-1968), Mayor and Vice Mayor
- Hans Seischab (1898-1965), Professor of Business Administration
- Hellmuth SWIETELSKY (1905-1995), contractors
- Franz Kröller (1923-2000), director of the University Library of Graz
- Otto Vogl (* 1927), Chemist
- Karl Drexler (1894-1981), fire official