Trumau is a market town in Lower Austria in the district of Baden.
- 3.1 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 wine
- 5.1 parish
- 5.2 Castle
- 5.3 Dreifaltigkeitssäule
- 6.1 Sons and daughters of the town
- 6.2 associated with Trumau people
Through the community Triesting flows. The market town is situated between the south-west and the north-eastern part of the Vienna basin with an altitude of 202 m above sea level. A. In Trumau live in an area of 18.57 km ² 3475 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013).
The place was founded by a donation to the Abbey of Heiligenkreuz into life in the Middle Ages from the Babenberg Leopold IV. This donation was confirmed in 1138 at the request of the above abbot Gottschalk by a solemn oath.
The Middle High German word "drum" means tail. In this case, the name might suggest the end of a floodplain, which allows by the geographical location of the arid southwestern and northeastern portion of the damper close in the Vienna Basin.
In the old records of the current place name appears in the following forms: 1137-1340 Trumowe 1139 Drumau, 1178 Drumawe, 1233-1294 Drumowe, 1303-1306 Drumbuowe, 1340 Drumenaw 1380 Drumpnaw, 1388 Drumpnow, 1463 Trumaw, 1548 Thrumbaw. The vernacular has often spoken of " drumðo ".
Source: Population Development of Statistics Austria
The mayor since 2013 is Andreas Kollross.
In the local elections in 2010 2.857 inhabitants were eligible to vote. The turnout was 68.99 %. The SPÖ reached a total of 1,244 votes, equivalent to 65.61 %. The SPÖ holds in the newly constituted council 14 mandates, and thus the absolute majority. The ÖVP reached 348 votes (equivalent to 18.35% or 4 council seats). The alternative list Trumau ( GREEN - list) received three mandates by 304 votes or 16.03 % of the valid votes.
The council is staffed as follows:
- SPO 14
- ÖVP 4
- Green 3
Coat of arms
Blazon: In a blue shield a vow to prepare natural colored hand hovering over two crossed silver hammers.
The coat of arms of the municipality Trumau originally consisted of a blue shield on which a wide, skin-colored Schwurhand was to identify which commemorates the solemn oath of Margrave Leopold IV. In 1971 the award of a further element was. Two crossed silver hammer and about the Schwurhand have since be seen in the coat of arms. The new elements symbolize industry and commerce. The importance of Trumau the positive development of industry and commerce in the 19th and 20th centuries is been decisive for the award of these symbols.
Economy and infrastructure
In Trumau there are several companies that deal with steel and aluminum as well as the machine bearing a very large construction company. On the edge of town, the central warehouse retail chain Hofer and 2 car trade and service companies. As one of the first communities in northeast Trumau has a public charging station for electric cars, pay at the driver charging with green electricity with a fuel card in contactless RFID technology since April 2013.
In Trumau the varieties Neuburger, Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Chardonnay, Sylvaner, Muscat Ottonel, Zweigelt, Blue Portugal and Blue Burger are grown. The wines are sold primarily in wine taverns. Have tavern in exchange to the given dates, the wine tavern Besler - Gramsel, Giglinger, Heimhilcher, Heyduk, Mairinger Karl Riegler, Scheibenreif and Schweighofer.
Culture and sights
It has existed for over 850 years, a connection of the parish Trumau with the Cistercian Abbey of Heiligenkreuz.
As part of the Counter-Reformation in the second half of the 16th century it came under the Habsburgs to the formation of many parishes. For this reason, the establishment of the parish Trumau was probably operated by the abbot of the monastery of Heiligenkreuz.
Both the sovereign Emperor Rudolf II and the Bishop Urban, who headed the diocese of Passau, issued in 1583 the abbot Udalrich Molitor permission to set up the pin parish Trumau. About the patronage it was a year later agreed. Trumau under stood up to this time, the parish churches Trai, which is incorporated the Melk Abbey. The Abbot of Heiligenkreuz prompted the construction of the church, which was built by the architect proven " Maister Andre Stuber to Paden ." The stone work was performed by Italian masters, the brothers Elias and Alexius Payos from the pen own quarry. Under his successor, Abbot Johannes Ruoff it was completed. The Bishop of Passau Hector inaugurated on February 22, 1588 the Nachgotische Trumauer parish church. John the Baptist is the patron saint of this church.
Main article: Castle Trumau
In the 12th century a grange was built on the site of the present castle. A moat, a dam and a mill with a Mühlbach it has probably already been given at this time. Towards the end of the 1st Austrian Turkish War of the walled courtyard 1548-1558 was rebuilt and numerous modifications were also made at this time. Under Gábor Bethlen 1621 Hungarian rebels burned the building down. In 1650 the reconstruction was at the instigation of Abbot Michael Schnabel, which was completed in 1667. The Emperor Leopold I stayed several times in Trumau castle. Since 1659 the castle has a sundial. In the course of the 5th Austrian Turkish War in 1683, the castle was badly damaged. In the course of overdue renovations especially the towers were changed dramatically. The castle has been affected by fires. Dated fires, there were, among others, in the years 1811 and 1880. Originally very pointed roof was replaced by a flatter during recovery. In the years 1993 to 1995, extensive restoration work on the castle were carried out in which two sundials in the courtyard could be exposed. When the towers was trying to adapt a product coming out of the 1672 engraving by Georg Matthäus Vischer.
Holy Trinity Column
The Holy Trinity Column, built 1720-1730, was standing at the main crossroads of the church, next to the bell tower to the renovated 2007. Then it was re- placed approximately 200 m in front of the municipal office.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Otto Effenberger, ARBÖ -General
- Erich Gruber, lawyer, politician and SS brigade leader
- Karl Hess, physicist
- Otto Pendl, SPÖ politician, Member of Parliament
- Johann Wedl, SPÖ politician, Member of Parliament
Associated with Trumau people
- Dieter Brosz, Green politicians
- Bernhard Dolna, theology and Judaic scholar, lecturer in Trumau
- Larry Hogan, theologian, lecturer in Trumau
- Maximilian Mayla, Cistercian, worked in Trumau