Template: Infobox church in Germany / Maintenance / market
Nashua is a market in the Swabian district Oberallgaeu and state- recognized health resort.
- 5.1 Economy, agriculture and forestry
- 5.2 Education
Wertach is at 915 meters above sea level, the highest market town in Germany and is located in the Allgäu region at the foot of Gruenten at the Wertach. Named after the village of mountain is the Wertacher Hoernle.
The territory of Wertach consists of a single district.
Wertach was first mentioned in 955 and got 1423 awarded market rights. The market Wertach belonged to the Bishopric of Augsburg. Since Reichsdeputationshauptschluss and the secularization of 1803, the community belongs to Bavaria. In the course of that administrative reform in Bavaria was born with the congregation of 1818, the current community. In 1893 the place burned down to a few houses.
Coat of arms
Blazon (Description ): "In a green sloping left silver wave beam, which is occupied by three black mill-wheels. "
Coat of Arms History: Wertach is referred to in the 15th century as a market. There are, however, no court or municipal seal known. The wave bar represents the flow Wertach and hence the place name represents the three mill wheels point to the mills along the Wertach, the Upper and Lower Mill and the Reutemühle.
Result of the local elections in March 2008
- First Mayor Eberhard Jehle (independent)
- Deputy Mayor Norbert Gebhart ( Free electorate Wertach )
- Third Mayor Joachim Konrad ( CSU)
- Christian Social Union of Bavaria eV ( CSU): 29.98 %, 4 seats
- Electorate of workers: 20,02 %, 3 seats
- Non-party voters and tourism: 20.37 %, 3 seats
- Free electorate Wertach: 14.96 %, 2 seats
- Independent women's group Wertach: 14.66%, 2 seats
Culture and sights
- St. Sebastian Chapel: The St. Sebastian chapel was enlarged in 1512 and rebuilt in 1763 after the plans of the famous Pilgrimage Church of Wies by Dominic Zimmermann and is therefore affectionately called Little Meadow.
- Heritage Museum: The local museum was founded in 1931. In addition to craft equipment, weapons and animals is a picture gallery of Franz Sales Lochbihler who had brought it to the royal Bavarian court painter, included.
- In Wertach was produced in 1874 by the brothers Kramer of Weißlacker cheese world for the first time.
- Mountain Cheese Dairy
- " Wertacher Jodlar - Prob " - Yodeling
See also List of monuments in Wertach
Economy and infrastructure
Economy, agriculture and forestry
There were 1998 in the field of agriculture and forestry twelve, in the manufacturing sector and 261 in the area of trade and transport 47 persons work at the workplace. In other areas, were employed to social security at the workplace 204 people. Social insurance contributions at residence, there were a total of 647 in the manufacturing sector, there were none, in the construction of six companies. In addition, in 1999, there were 75 farms with an agricultural area of 1,478 ha
There are the following facilities:
- Day nursery
- Primary school (1st - 4th grade )
Local resident association is the SSV Wertach. There are divisions for football, volleyball, running, mountain biking, athletics, aerobics, table tennis, Nordic Walking, Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, tobogganing and curling.
Since November 2012, there is a gym.
- Fritz Berg Miller (1875-1930), writer hunting
- Franz Sales Lochbihler (1777-1854), painter, among other things, worked at the Bavarian court
- Winfried Georg Sebald (1944-2001), writer
Sorgschrofen, Iseler and Wertacher Hornle
Bichel district, south of Wertach
Wertach from east
Wertach after the fire in 1893