Wilkowice, West Pomeranian Voivodeship
Wilkowice ( German Wilhelmina) is a village in the Polish West Pomeranian Voivodeship. It belongs to the rural community Postomino ( Pustamin ) in a circle Sławno ( Schlawe ).
The farming village Wilkowice Located two kilometers west of Staniewice ( Stemnitz ), a village on the road from Sławno ( Schlawe ) to Postomino ( Pustamin ). Until the county seat Sławno there are 13, to the Baltic cities Ustka ( Stolpmünde ) and Darłowo (Rügenwalde ) 18 or 20 kilometers.
A station there since 1945 no longer work after the 1908 has later imperial railway Schlawe - Stolpmünde with her (of Wilhelmine located 1 kilometer away ) Stemnitz station was dismantled.
Wilkowice is located on the Wieprza ( Wipper ) in a flat, caused by deforestation landscape at an altitude of about 25 meters. Neighboring towns are: to the north Pieńkówko ( New Pennekow ), to the east Staniewice ( Stemnitz ), in the south Tokary ( Deutschrode ) and Radosław ( Coccejendorf ) and to the west Mazow ( Meitzow ).
The German name " Wilhelmina " received the village after the favorite sister of the Prussian king Frederick the Great: Wilhelmina of Prussia.
On November 22, 1273 Camminer bishop Hermann von Gleichen enfeoffed the Order of St. John in Schlawe with several villages, including Willekini villa, in which researchers the deserted village west recognized by Stemnitz on which the settlement Wilhelmine was born.
The initiative for this settlement came in 1749 by Frederick the Great, who was the former Pomerania as far too sparsely populated and - as in neighboring Coccejendorf ( Radosław ) - settlers from the Palatinate, inter alia, in their home for religious reasons, had no chance here the opportunity to start anew bot. Eight families from the area around Zweibrücken took advantage of this offer, and built in the so-called hut gorge ( about a house high ravine behind the gardens of the lower village, through which a small stream flows ) in the slopes of their first huts. From the clay pit (now that is a larger village pond ) has brought the clay and creates the first half-timbered houses. The Palatinate dialect had survived until 1945, because two Wilhelminer always spoke Wilhelmine together. The new settlement was allocated to the Rügenwalder office.
In 1818 lived 237 inhabitants in Wilhelmine, 1871 there were 398, and 1939, 355 Until 1945, the village belonged to the Official Old Schlawe ( Sławsko ) to the registry office Stemnitz ( Staniewice ) and the district court in the district Schlawe Schlawe i Pom. in the district of the Prussian province of Pomerania Pomerania.
On March 7, 1945 occupied the Red Army troops of Meitzow ( Mazow ) take the village, had been found in the already large number of refugees from East Prussia hideaway. On 6 November 1945, the village had to be cleared against four clock within ten minutes. On foot, the people were driven up by Schlawe from where they were transported in freight cars without water or even food until after barn (now district Gumieńce of Szczecin ). Wilhelmine is now a Polish village named Wilkowice and a district of Gmina Postomino in powiat Slawienski the West Pomeranian Voivodeship ( to 1998 Voivodeship Stolp ).
Local structure to 1945
The municipality Wilhelmine belonged before 1945 only as a dwelling place:
- Coccejendorf ( Forest House ), forester of the former State Forest Office Old Krakow, former brickworks, 1 kilometer south of the village.
The Wilhelminer population was predominantly Protestant denomination before 1945. Since she came from Palatine Reformed tradition, came once or twice a year, the court chaplain of the Castle Church Stolp to Supper celebrations in the Lutheran tradition belonging Church in Stemnitz. After formation of the Union in 1817, the families of the eight Wilhelminer Stemnitzer parish were assigned, which was a branch church in the parish of Old Schlawe. The church belonged to the Schlawe the Church Province of Pomerania in the Church of the Old Prussian Union. Last German clergyman was the Russians shot dead in 1945 by Pastor Paul Hollatz.
Since 1945 predominates in Wilkowice the Catholic denomination. Parish seat for the population is still Staniewice, which - as before 1945 - the ( now, however, Catholic ) parish Sławsko heard. It is in the deanery in the Diocese of Koszalin - Kolobrzeg Sławno of the Catholic Church in Poland. Here surviving Protestant church members are integrated into the parish of the Diocese of Slupsk in Pomeranian Greater Poland the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Poland.
In Wilhelmine there was until 1945 a class elementary school in which 40 children were taught. The last two German head teachers were the teachers Mahnke and Christoffer.