History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
- 560: The Persian Sassanids crushed in alliance with the Turks the realm of Hephthalites
- 561: Bridging the East Roman Emperor Justinian I and the Sassanide Chosroes I. a peace that occurs 562 in power and should last 50 years.
- End 561: After the death of Chlothar I. The Frankish empire is divided among his four sons: I. Charibert gets the part of the empire with the residence Paris, Guntram I. becomes King in Orléans, Sigebert I. becomes king in Reims and Soissons Chilperic I..
- 563: The Irish monk Columba contract after he had a falling out with St. Finian, with 12 companions to Scotland, where he founded a monastery on the Hebridean island of Iona, which is for the later history of Scotland is of major importance.
- 565: Justinian I, who is often regarded as the "last" Roman emperor, Constantine dies in Opel
- July / August 568: The Lombards occupy largely without a fight northern Italy; many residents to flee, leading (apparently ) to the emergence of Venice. The peninsula is occupied about half of the Lombards, the rest ( including Rome and Ravenna) hold Byzantine troops. These events ends the late antique migrations.