History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Pig丁亥( at the beginning of the year Fire Dog丙戌)
Era of Diocletian: 283/284 ( year November )
Syria: 878/879 (October)
Politics and World Affairs
- The alliance with the Avars, Lombards under Alboin grab the Gepids at under Cunimund. Cunimund presents with his main force the Lombards who destroy the Gepidenheer; Cunimund also lost his life, from his skull Alboin can make a drinking cup. Alboin takes Kunimunds daughter Rosamund to wife. The former tribal area between the Danube and the Carpathians now falls according to the contract to the Avars. As these begin soon with plundering raids in the Balkans, pull the Lombards to Italy as planned.
- Chilperic I. marries the Visigoth king's daughter Gailswintha, sister of Brunechildis. Soon after her husband leaves Gailswintha strangle, is instead located at the connection with a Fredegunde which he marries only a few days later.
- Liuva I. succeeds his brother Athanagild as king of the Visigoths. He makes his younger brother Leovigild to co-ruler and leaves him Spain. He retains only the part of the empire Septimania.
- After the death of Charibert I, the Frankish king with residence in Paris, whose kingdom is part of the brothers Sigebert I, Chilperic, Guntram I. and I. divided. Thus, the three Frankish kingdom parts Austrasia ( Sigebert I. ), Neustria ( Chilperic I. ) and Burgundy ( Guntram I. ) are emerging.
- Second Council of Tours.
- As part of the Three Chapters controversy separates the bishop of Aquileia from the Roman Church and takes the title of patriarch.
- Fursa, Irish clergyman († 649 )
- 567: Ingund, Queen of the Visigoths († 585 )
- Athanagild, King of the Visigoths
- Charibert I, the Merovingian Frankish king (c. 520)
- Gailswintha, Visigoth king's daughter, wife Chilperic I ( c. 550)
- Cunimund, king of the Gepids