History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Fire Hare丁卯( at the beginning of the year Fire Tiger丙寅)
Syria: 378/379 ( year in October )
Politics and World Affairs
Fonteius Capito joins forces with Lucius Iulius Rufus, the Office of the ordinary consul in the Roman Empire.
Vespasian is reassigned by Emperor Nero to Judea to quell the Jewish rebellion. He moves at the head of three legions - including one under the command of Trajan Marcus Ulpius Traianus father - a strong and auxiliaries, a total of about 60,000 men in the province.
Vespasian captured in July after 47 - day siege of the heavily fortified Jotapata. The Jewish commander Flavius Josephus is captured by the Romans.
- Linus, the second bishop of Rome after Peter.
- Gnaeus Domitius Corbulo, Roman general (* 7 )
- Gaius Cestius Gallus, Roman senator
- Liu Jing, Chinese emperor's son (* 37)
- Lucius Domitius Paris, favorite of the Emperor Nero
- Publius Sulpicius Scribonius Proculus, a Roman politician
- 67: Simon Peter, an apostle, first bishop of Rome