Britta Heidemann ( born December 22, 1982 in Cologne ) is a German fencer of TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen. In 2007, she was in St. Petersburg World Champion with the sword, 2008 Olympic gold medalist in Beijing, 2009, she was European champion in Plovdiv.
Heidemann visited the Apostle School in Cologne. Mid-1990s, she went for the first time with her family to China. At the start of high school she went in the summer of 1998 for three months after Beijing. After her high school she graduated from there in 2001 and an internship at Bayer AG. Heidemann graduated in 2008 successfully a study of China Regional Studies at the University of Cologne. Her thesis deals with the development of alternative energy in China, especially wind power, and their legal framework. Heidemann currently lives in Cologne. She is fluent in Chinese. She works as a freelance management consultant in the areas of China, renewable energies, sports and management. In addition, she is involved in many social areas. So Britta Heidemann et al patron of social campaign " Children's Dreams 2011" of the German Football Association (DFB). Since 2010 she is also a board member of the Bundesliga Foundation, which advocates for socially weak and disadvantaged and the young German athletes. In 2009, she was honored with the savings bank rate for role models in sports.
With 14 years of Britta Heidemann had relatively late the first contact with the sport of fencing. Even before she was a successful athlete and swimmer. About the frieze fight she was introduced to the foil fencing since 1995. Five times she was German Fries fighting champion. Two years later she moved to epee fencing. By the year 2000, she took part in the modern pentathlon, until the end of 2000, she began to specialize in fencing. Just one year later, this was rewarded with international titles.
Successes in epee fencing
In 2001, she was Vice - Junior World Champion and European Junior Champion. In 2002 she won the World Championship bronze medalist, 2003 World Championship silver medalist with the team. In 2004, she finished third in the World Cup team. At the Olympic Games in Athens in 2004 they reached silver behind the team from Russia in the team with Claudia Bokel and Imke Duplitzer. In 2007 she became World Champion in Single in Saint Petersburg. At the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008, she won the gold medal in the individual competition. A year later, in 2009, Heidemann secured with the title of European Champion Triple and is thus the first epee fencer, who held all three major titles at once. In addition to this unique performance Heidemann also scored numerous successes in World Cup tournaments.
In 2011, Heidemann won their first German championship in epee fencing.
In 2012 she once again reached the final of the epee fencing at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, but lost in the extension and thus won on the third day of competition silver, the first German medal of these Olympic Games.
- In the September 2004 issue she was photographed nude for the magazine Playboy.
- Britta Heidemann applicable in China next Dirk Nowitzki and Timo Boll as the best known and most popular German athlete. In 2008 she was given the honor to act as the first foreign athletes in Chinese edition of " Sports Clubs". There, she was seen in a 45 -minute live interview in Chinese. The former mission had a television audience of 150 million people.
- Britta Heidemann is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Bundesliga Foundation.
- 2008 Heidemann was second in the choice of "Germany's Sportswoman of the Year ".
- Since 2014, Britta Heidemann honorary ambassador of the " movement against cancer," the German Cancer Aid together with the German Olympic Sports Confederation and the German Sports University in Cologne.
- 2008: " Felix " as " Sportswoman of the Year " by North Rhine -Westphalia
- 2008: Award for "Cologne Sportswoman of the Year "
- 2009: Sparkasse price for role models in sport
- 2012: Silver bay leaf
- 2012: " Felix " as " Sportswoman of the Year " by North Rhine -Westphalia
- 2013: Award for "Cologne Sportswoman of the Year 2012"
- Success is a question of attitude. What can you learn from the fencing for life, Ariston, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-424-20061-4