Clarafond - Arcine is a commune in the French department of Haute- Savoie department in the Rhône-Alpes region.
Clarafond - Arcine is on 506 m above sea level. M., about 26 km northwest of the town of Annecy (air line). The farming village extends a scenic location on the plateau west of the Montagne de Vuache, between the deep valleys of the Rhone and the Usses, in Genevois.
The area of 16.88 km ² municipal area includes a portion of the western Genevois. The main settlement area is the high plateau of Clara Fund ( an average of 500 m above sea level. M. ), which extends to the west to the Bois du Clos. To the south, the municipality area extends into the catchment area of the Usses, a left tributary of the Rhône. The northern boundary is the Rhone, the 200 m is cut into the surrounding plateaus here in a valley. East of Clarafond - Arcine the plateau gradually rises, and the communal land reaches to the narrow, densely wooded and partly traversed by bands of rock ridge of the Montagne de Vuache, on 1000 m above sea level. M. the highest elevation of Clarafond - Arcine is achieved. On the north of the area is the Défilé de l' Ecluse, the transverse valley of the Rhône between the Grand Cret d' Eau and the Montagne de Vuache.
To Clarafond - Arcine addition to the actual center includes several different villages, hamlets and farmsteads settlements, including:
- Arcine ( 523 m above sea level. M. ) on the western slopes of the Montagne de Vuache above the Rhône valley
- Fruitière (440 m above sea level. M. ) in a short tributary of the Rhône
- Trainant (520 m above sea level. M. ) on the plateau of Clarafond
- Quincy (480 m above sea level. M. ) on the southern edge of the plateau of Clarafond
Neighboring communities of Clarafond - Arcine are Léaz in the north, Chevrier, Vulbens, Dingy- en- Vuache and Chaumont in the east, and Chessenaz Vanzy in the south and Chêne -en- Semine and Éloise in the West.
The territory of Clarafond - Arcine was already inhabited during the Roman period, which could be demonstrated by means of foundations of a Roman brick. Is first mentioned Clara Fund in the early 15th century. The place name comes from the Latin words clarus ( clear) and fons (source). Clara Fund in 1860 the newly created Canton Frangy allocated; previously it belonged to the canton Seyssel. In 1973 the previously independent community Arcine was incorporated into Clara Fund, since 2005, the municipality bears the double name.
The village church of Clarafond - Arcine was built in the 19th century. From the 18th century the Church of Arcine comes. Also worth seeing are the Château d' Arcine (originally from the 13th century, now restored ) and the former Château de Verboz (now a farmhouse ).
With 910 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2011) Clarafond - Arcine one of the small towns in the Haute-Savoie region. Since the mid- 1970s, a significant increase in population was recorded thanks to the beautiful residential area.
Economy and infrastructure
Clarafond - Arcine is a predominantly coined by agriculture village today. The municipality is located in the wine region Savoie. White wines from the grape Altesse ( locally called roussette ) may be marketed under the protected designation of origin roussette de Savoie. For white wines, red wines and other grape varieties, the AOC Vin de Savoie applies.
There are also some plants of the local small business sector. Many working population commuters who engage in the larger towns in the area, particularly in Bellegarde -sur -Valserine their work.
The place is a good infrastructure. It is located on a secondary road, leading from Vulbens after Génissiat. Further road links exist with Chessenaz and Chaumont. The nearest links to the A40 motorway, which runs through the municipality, is located at a distance of about 3 km.