- Alt- Friedrichsfelde
Friedrich field is one of Berlin's Lichtenberg district. In the administrative reform in 2001, he was again cut, the section north of the S-Bahn line S5 and S7 up until that point Rhinstrasse heard since the district (old) Lichtenberg.
- 3.1 private transport
- 3.2 Public Transport
The village was founded by German colonists settled in 1230. The mention of the pastor Ludwig to Rosenfelde 1265 is the first record of the village Rosenfelde. The no longer existing first stone church was built in the second half of the 13th century. 1375 had the land book for Rosenfelde of 104 hooves, six parish hooves. This very unusual size comprises approximately twice the number of hooves as they are common for average schedule created German villages on the Barnim. The district of Rosenfelde then handed to the banks of the Spree. The village church is located in the upper half. The conclusion suggests that the original village Rosenfelde was combined with a second, southern -lying settlement, which was without form, please.
Rosenfelde in 1699 by the Elector Frederick III. renamed Friedrich field.
Alt- Friedrichsfelde forms, with the area around the former Anger the historic village core.
The Colonie Friedrichsfelde at the Frankfurter Chaussee ( today: the street Alt -Friedrichsfelde ) was preferred place of residence for craftsmen.
In Friedrichsfelde Castle, built on the road to Köpenick, initially lived Benjamin Raule. In 1717, the ownership of the Margrave Albrecht Friedrich von Brandenburg- Schwedt, an uncle of the " Soldier King" was handed over, the left expand the original castle. After his death in 1731 his son Carl inherited the castle. Finally, the estate passed to his cousin Prince Ferdinand of Prussia, the youngest brother of "Old Fritz". Four of his children, including his son Louis Ferdinand Prince of Prussia in 1772, were born there. 1896 united the district with the Gutsbezirk of Sigismund von Tresckow and then developed into a cottage colony. In 1920 the community was incorporated Friedrich field ( from the circle Niederbarnim ) in Greater Berlin. In 2001, the 1881 established the Central Cemetery Friedrichsfelde was assigned to the district of Lichtenberg. Is the memorial of the Socialists on him.
The district is characterized by multi-storey new buildings. The northern boundary is formed by a broad embankment with the S-Bahn station Berlin-Friedrichstrasse field east, to the east (toward Biesdorf ) and south ( in the direction of Karl Horst ) also limit embankments the district. To the west of the district Rummelsburg connects.
Along the street of old Friedrich field, but especially in the historic village Alt- Friedrichsfelde some historic residential buildings have survived from the 19th century, which are now all under monument protection. This also includes the village church Friedrichsfelde. In the southeastern part of the set up in the 1950s from the former Castle Park Tierpark Berlin is the palace of Frederick the field.
→ See also: List of cultural monuments in Berlin- Friedrichsfelde
Residential high-rises and commercial buildings
The vast number of residential buildings form the six-to twenty -storey prefabricated, completely new road networks were developed for between the 1960s and the 1990s, new areas and created. Just north of the animal park is the site of the educational and administrative center, a large office complex, on the other offices such as the tax office and the University of Applied Sciences for Administration and Legal Affairs Berlin are located next to the State Statistical Office. It arose from an established and foreclosed in the communist era Stasi terrain.
At the southeastern end of the Sewanstraße, almost at the zoo, is the Splanemann settlement. It was built in 1926-1930 as the first German housing estate according to the plans of the former Berlin City Commissioner of City Planning Martin Wagner on an idea by William Primke. In the two - and three -storey houses originally created 138 apartments, some of which was destroyed in the Second World War.
Your present name, the settlement only since 1951, after the earlier warriors home street was renamed Splanemannstraße. It is named after the resistance fighters Splanemann Herbert ( 1912-1945 ).
Friedrich field is located on one of the busiest intersections in Berlin. On the one hand leads in the northern part of the street Alt -Friedrich field as part of the federal highways 1 and 5 to the city center. In a north-south direction, the wide track of the Rhinstraße and as a continuation of the road Am Tierpark runs. This stretch of road is a section of the tangential connection that connects the eastern districts of Berlin among themselves. There are also several medium and small roads, which still are based in part on the former compounds the then independent rural communities. The major route of the new housing estate in Frederick field is the Sewanstraße (formerly Hans -hole road). It is also the connection to the adjacent district Rummelsburg.
The district is connected to the Berlin rail network via two railway stations of the S-Bahn ( Friedrichsfelde East, operating station Rummelsburg ) and two railway stations of the subway ( Friedrich field, zoo ). The stations also serve as hubs of several bus lines which open up the district. Along the Rhinstraße and the road Am Tierpark also performs a tram route between New Hohenschonhausen and Niederschoeneweide.
→ See also: List of streets and squares in Berlin- Friedrichsfelde
Associated with Friedrichsfelde personalities
- Heinrich Dathe, first director of Tierpark Berlin
- Agnes Kraus, Actress
- Johann Carl Sigismund von Tresckow, agricultural reformer and landlords of Friedrichsfelde
→ See also: List of stumbling blocks in Berlin- Friedrichsfelde