Heiligenkreuz im Lafnitztal
- SPÖ: 10
- ÖVP: 5
- FBL: 3
- GREEN: 1
Heiligenkreuz (Hungarian: Rábakeresztúr ) is a market town in the district Jenner village in Burgenland in Austria.
- 3.1 Demographics
The municipality is located in southern Burgenland in Lafnitztal.
The municipality comprises the two villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- Heiligenkreuz ( 891 )
- Popp village in Burgenland ( 393)
The municipality comprises the cadastral Heiligenkreuz and Popp village in Burgenland.
The place belonged, like the rest of Burgenland until 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Rábakeresztúr.
After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ). Market town is Heiligenkreuz since 1971.
Mayor Ing Eduard Zach of the SPÖ. Office manager Bernd Skopec.
The distribution of seats (19 seats) in the municipal council is SPÖ 10, ÖVP 5, FBL 3, Green 1
Coat of arms
Blazon: In the green shield a floating silver cross. The municipality colors are green and silver. The coat of arms was granted on 13 June 1971.
- Football club Heiligenkreuz (2nd League South )
- Tennis Club Holy Cross
- Curling club Heiligenkreuz
Culture and sights
- Karl Wollinger (1877-1945), politician and mill owner, sat down for the connection of the German-speaking areas of Western-Hungary to Austria a
- Franz Beutl (1905-1971), politician and farmer
- Franz Kurz (1920-2003), politician and farmer