- SPÖ: 12
- ÖVP: 6
- KARO Template: Election chart / Maintenance / Name: 3
German Cold Brunn is a market town in the district Jenner village in Burgenland in Austria. The Hungarian name of the village is Némethidegkút.
- 3.1 Demographics
The municipality is located in southern Burgenland.
The municipality comprises the two villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- German Cold Brunn ( 1229 )
- Rohrbrunn (537 )
The municipality comprises the cadastral German Kaltenbrunn and Rohrbrunn.
The place was like the rest of Burgenland to 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Némethidegkút. After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (→ see also History of Burgenland ).
Market town is German Kaltenbrunn since 1973 ( by VO 5 on-lending ).
Mayor Erwin Hafner of the SPÖ.
The distribution of seats (21 seats) in the municipal council is 12 SPÖ, ÖVP 6 and 3 KARO.
Culture and sights in the city German Kaltenbrunn
- Catholic Parish Church of St. Nicholas
- Protestant parish A. B.
- Cemetery chapel, built in 1883
- Chapel in the village, built in 1868
- Wayside cross on the road to Rohrbrunn, built in 1860
Culture and sights in place Rohrbrunn
- Catholic branch church St. Francis Xavier
- Castle, former water castle, then in the 18th century manor house, now a ruin
- Mountain chapel in Unterrellau
- Alois Brunner (* 1912), SS -Hauptsturmführer and employees of Adolf Eichmann
- Eduard Ehrenhöfler (* 1936), politician ( ÖVP) and master carpenter
- Franz Kurz (1920-2003), 1979-1982 Mayor of German Kaltenbrunn
- Kurt Zach ( b. 1942 ), 1982-1990 Mayor of German Kaltenbrunn