- ÖVP: 11
- SPÖ: 8
Mogersdorf (Hungarian Nagyfalva ) is an Austrian market town in Jenner village district in the south of Burgenland, with 1085 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013).
- 3.1 Demographics
- 4.1 Coat of Arms
Mogersdorf is located on the Raab and at the foot of Schlösselberges. The area of the municipality is 12.77 km ².
Mogersdorf borders the municipalities of Heiligenkreuz, Elten village, King village and Weichselbaum and to Szentgotthárd in Hungary.
The municipality comprises the three villages (in brackets population as of 31 October 2011):
- German Minihof (154 )
- Mogersdorf ( 662)
- Walldorf ( 364)
The municipality comprises the cadastral German Minihof, Mogersdorf and Walldorf.
In a document of Pope Urban III. is Mogersdorf 1187 first mentioned as a grange of the Cistercian monastery of St. Gotthard in documents, as a " Nagfalu ".
On August 1, 1664 defeated Count Raymond of Montecuculi at the Battle of Mogersdorf a Turkish army under Ahmed Koprulu, thus ending the Turkish war from 1663 / 1664th
On 1 May 1873, the Hungarian Western Railway, today Styrian Eastern Railway, Budapest was opened to Graz.
The place belonged, like the rest of Burgenland until 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898 had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Nagyfalva.
After the end of World War I German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ).
1964 Mogersdorf was raised to the market town.
- Mayor Joseph is Korpitsch of the ÖVP. Bailiff is Gerhard Granitz.
- The distribution of seats (19 seats) in the municipal council is 8 SPÖ, ÖVP and 11 other lists 0 mandates.
Coat of arms
Blazon: "In a split of gold and red shield a red Tatzenkreuz ( Cistercian Cross ) in golden field; a golden, provided with apse and two Lanzettfensteröffnungen buildings on a green mountain in the red box. "
The coat of arms was granted on 15 July 1964.
Culture and sights
- Parish Mogersdorf
- Alois Lang (1925-2002), politician