Kozly (Louny District)
Kozly is on the left side of the creek Zaječický creek in the southwest of the Bohemian Central Mountains in the area of the nature reserve PLA České Středohoří. To the north, the Záhorní hora rises (446 m ) in the north- east, the Svinky (435 m ) east of the Číčov ( 477 m), in the southeast Dlouhá ( 483 m), south-west the Skala ( 386 m) and the Belous (397 m ), west of the Jilov ( 346 m) and the Tobiášův vrch (354 m ) and northwest of the Skršínský vrch ( 389 m) and the Chrámecký vrch (392 m). On the eastern outskirts of the village the road passes between II/257 Bílina and Louny. In the south of the railway line Čížkovice - Obrnice passes, the station Bělušice located one kilometer south-west of Kozly.
Neighboring towns are Chrámce and Žichov in the north, Měrunice in the northeast, Hořenec, Jablonec and Libčeves in the east, Třtěno and Mnichovský Týnec the southeast, Sinutec and Raná in the south, Odolice and Bělušice the southwest, Bedřichův Světec in the west and Skršín in the northwest.
The first written mention of Kozly took place in 1352 among the villages of the Deanery Trebenice. The fortress was the seat of the Lords of Kozlovský Kozlov, who were probably established before 1300 there. Since the mid-14th century was a part of the village spiritual masters. In 1382 PRECH acquired from Zizkov by marriage the parties and the proportion of Kozlovský family. Since 1384 a pastor in Kozly is proven. 1430 the proportion of the descendants of PRECH of Zizkov fell by escheat of the royal chamber. King Ladislaus Postumus left this share in 1454 to Jakub Lankaš of Nepomyšl. In 1471 the fortress was the seat of the Kuneš of Tloskov, this was also their last mention. He was succeeded by his son William of Tloskov. Before 1531, the Prague cathedral chapter bought the estate of William of Kozly Tloskov or his son Jan Kuneš. In 1616, the owner of the neighboring Good Bělušice, Adam Charwat was lynched by Bärnstein in Kozly at a tavern brawl, after he had forced the farmers during a dance violently pleasure to dance. During the uprising of the Estates of 1618 Good Kozly was confiscated and sold in 1620 to Johann Charwat of Bärnstein. In 1623 the estate was recovered in the course of recatholicization and the Prague cathedral chapter retransmitted. The desert fortress was razed in the 17th century. The Chapter moved from Kozly wine, but this was grown outside of the estate on the southern slopes of the vineyard at Chrámce. In 1750 bought Wenzel Chotková of Chotkow the Good Kosel for 11,000 guilders from Prague cathedral chapter and united it with his Allodialgut Bieloschitz. Subsequent owners were from 1754 onwards, his son Johann Karl Chotková of Chotkow, from 1787, his son Johann Rudolph Chotková of Chotkow and in 1824 his grandson Henry Chotková of Chotkow.
Between 1820 and 1823 the new road from Kosel on Liebshausen arose after Lobositz; the lying on the border of his dominion section was Johann Rudolph Chotková exclusively on his and his subjects build costs.
In 1831 the estate Kosel located in the southwest of Leitmeritzer circle included a floor space of 728 square fathoms yoke 952. The only forest district was the Zwinkenbusch ( Svinky ). The village Kosel / Kozel and Kozlov consisted of 43 houses with 205 German-speaking inhabitants, of which only the oldest in the Czech language were powerful. It was situated on the road from Laun to Teplitz, branched off the road to Lobositz of the in place. Under the patronage of the government, the parish church of St. stood. Martin with the Counts Chotekschen family vault and the school. In Kosel there were two retreat houses. Away was the gamekeeper's house in Zwinkenbusch. Kosel was vicarage for the villages Jablonitz ( Jablonec ), Synutz ( Sinutec ) Wodolitz and Kramitz ( Chrámce ) and for five houses of Bieloschitz. By the middle of the 19th century remained the Kosel Allodialgut Bieloschitz humbly with Kosel.
After the abolition of patrimonial Kosel / Kozly formed in 1850 with the districts Milay / Mila, Minichhof / Mnichov, Hradek / Hradek, Kramitz / Chrámce, Bieloschitz / Bělušice, Skirschina / Skyrin, Wodolitz / Vodolice and Sinutz / Sinutec a municipality in the district Leitmeritzer and the judicial district of Bilin. As of 1868, the village of the district of Teplice and in 1896 belonged to the district Dux. In 1869 the village had 265 people Kosel the highest population in its history. The district Minichhof / Mnichov was umgemeindet in the 1870s after Charwatz / Charvatce. In the 1921 census the percentage of the Czech population was 17%. In the 1920s, fell apart the large village Kosel. Skirschina / Skršín and Kramitz / Chrámce broke away and formed the community Skirschina / Skršín. Likewise Bieloschitz / Bělušice and Wodolitz / Odolice were independent communities. The districts Hradek / Hradek and Millay / Mila formed the community Millay / Mila. In 1930 lived in Kosel and Sinutz together 297 people.
As a result of the Munich Agreement in 1938 Kosel slammed the German Reich and first belonged to the district of Dux. From 1 May 1939, the village was part of the newly formed county Bilin. In the census of 17 May 1939, the municipality had 275 inhabitants. After the end of World War II Kozly came back to Czechoslovakia and the German-Bohemian population was expelled.
In the wake of the repeal of the Okres Bílina the community in 1961 associated with the Okres Louny. On July 1, 1980, the incorporation of Kozly and Sinutec after Libčeves. Since 1 January 1993, after a referendum Kozly is independent again, the former district Sinutec other hand, remained at Libčeves. At this time lived in Kozly only 98 people. In 2009 the village had 125 inhabitants.
For the community Kozly no districts are reported.
- Baroque Church of St.. Martin, the former Gothic building from the 14th century received its present shape in the conversion of 1717. Choteksche In 1754 the family vault was created in which was buried in the same year Wenceslas Chotková of Chotkow.
- Baroque statue of St.. John of Nepomuk, created in the first half of the 18th century. It was restored in 2013.
- Striking mountain Číčov