Leopoldine von Sternberg
She was the daughter of Count Franz Philipp von Sternberg and his wife Countess Marie Leopoldine from Starhemberk in Vienna.
On July 6, 1750 she married in Feldberg Prince Franz Josef of Liechtenstein, who in 1772 appointed on the basis of the childlessness of his uncle Joseph Wenzel I as Franz Josef I. surprising to the Prince of Liechtenstein.
The couple had eight children:
- Joseph Prince of Liechtenstein (July 6, 1752 - February 19, 1754 )
- Princess Leopoldine of Liechtenstein (January 30, 1754 - October 16, 1823 ), married to Charles Emmanuel, Landgrave of Hesse- Rotenburg
- Princess Antonie von Liechtenstein (March 14, 1756 - December 1, 1821 ), Nun
- Prince Franz of Liechtenstein (May 19, 1758 - August 19, 1760 )
- Prince Alois I
- Prince Johann I, ancestor of the present royal family
- Prince Philip Joseph of Liechtenstein ( July 2, 1762 - MAY 18 1802) remained unmarried
- Princess Marie Josephine von Liechtenstein (April 13, 1768 - August 8, 1845 ), married to Prince Nikolaus Esterházy de Galantha (December 12, 1765 - November 25, 1833 ). Paul V. ( March 23, 1901 - 25, 1989), the last Prince of Esterházy de Galantha, was a direct descendant of the couple.
The widowed since 1781 Princess Leopoldine spent her last years with mainly her youngest daughter, Princess Esterházy, in Hütteldorf in Vienna and died in 1809 in the Liechtenstein palace in Feldberg in South Moravia. She was not buried in the crypt in Liechtenstein Wranau, but in today located in Vienna Hütteldorfer parish church.
- Cercle d' Études of Dynasties Royales Européenes.
- Princess ( Liechtenstein )
- House of Liechtenstein
- Born in 1733
- Died in 1809