Ljantor (Russian Лянтор ) is a town in western Siberia, in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous District / Yugra (Russia) with 38 992 inhabitants (as of October 14, 2010 ).
The city is located in the West Siberian Plain north of the Ob on its tributary Pim, about 80 km north- west of Surgut. The climate is continental.
The city is administratively Ljantor the Rajon Surgut assumed.
1932 built on the banks of the river of the same name Pim a fishing village. 1965 has started in the area with exploratory drilling; the oil deposit discovered was named Ljantorskoje ( Лянторское месторождение ) to a nearby lake. Since 1967, a geologist and petroleum workers' settlement, in 1978 the official name Ljantorski ( Лянторский ) and 1980 received the status of an urban-type settlement arose. 1984, the old village Pim was part of the settlement. Since 1992 the town has a town.
Note: Census data
Culture and sights
In Ljantor there since 1989 Ethnographic museum of the culture of the indigenous people, Khanty, which also includes an open-air exposition belongs.
Ljantor is a center of oil production on the deposits Ljantorskoje and Nischnesortymskoje ( Нижнесортымское, Low Sortym ). The local firm Ljantorneft ( Лянторнефть ) belongs to the group Surgutneftegas ( Сургутнефтегаз ).