Marina (given name)
Marina is a female first name.
Origin and Meaning of the Name
Marina is the feminine form of Marinus. The name derives ( "originating from the sea, belonging to the sea, living by the sea" ) from Latin marinus from. In Germany the name was familiar since 1959 by the hit of Rocco Granata; he used the name of a cigarette brand.
Regardless, the first name also exists in Japanese with different meanings.
Famous names winners
- Marina of Antioch ( 3rd / 4th century), saints
- Marina of Bithynia (5th century), saints
- Marina, Duchess of Kent (1906-1968), Princess of Greece and Denmark
- Marina Abramović ( born 1946 ), Serbian artist
- Marina Wjatscheslawowna Anissina (* 1975), Russian figure skater
- Marina Berti (1924-2002), Italian actress
- Marina Diamandis ( born 1985 ), Greek / Welsh singer
- Marina Anna Eich ( born 1976 ), German actress
- Marina Endicott (born 1958 ), Canadian writer
- Marina Hands ( born 1977 ), French actress
- Marina Kiehl (* 1965), German ski racer
- Marina Kiel (b. 1968), German figure skater and roll
- Marina Vladimirovna Klimova (born 1966 ), Russian figure skater
- Marina Manakov (* 1969), German - Russian chess player
- Marina Massironi ( b. 1963 ), Italian actress
- Marina Münkler (* 1960 ) is a German literary scholar.
- Marina Orlova (* 1980), Russian Youtube star ( HotForWords )
- Marina Raskowa (1912-1943), Soviet pilot
- Marina Schuster ( * 1975), German politician (FDP)
- Marina Silva (born 1958 ), Brazilian environmentalist and politician
- Marina Sirtis ( born 1955 ), American actress
- Marina Vlady ( born 1938 ), French actress
- Marina Weis band (* 1987), German politician ( Pirate Party )
- Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva (1892-1941), Russian poet and writer
Mareen, Maren, Marena, Navy, Marinka, Maryna, Mirena, Marishka
June 18 and July 17
- Female first name