Mudgee is a town in New South Wales, Australia, located 261 km north-west of Sydney. It is a city in which many historic buildings are standing under monument protection. The city is one of the oldest cities in Australia and has about 8200 inhabitants.
In the field, the Wiradjuri, of which the name originates Moothi , who nest in the Hills ' ( nest in the hills ) means and was modified in Mudgee lived. Menah the town's original name was from the year 1823. William Lawson, the commandant of Bathurst, was one of the first Europeans in the area of the city, and went further than James Blackman, who came to the Cudgegong River in 1821 first.
George and Henry Cox, the sons of the explorer William Cox, settled first at Cudgegong River, about three miles from the present site. 1833 originated in Mudgee police station. The European settlers had numerous violent conflicts with the tribe of Aborigines as Aborigines found themselves in competition for food among the settlers who hunted as game and displaced by the agricultural use of their traditional feeding grounds.
When Edward Hammond Hargraves found a large gold nugget in 1851 in the area of Mudgee, the gold rush began around Mudgee. The place won by the proximity to the gold fields of population and economic power, and ended up as the gold rush, it was found that Mudgee could continue to exist. 1860 Mudgee was appointed to the city, and in the village originated in the 1860s, a police station, city administration, post office, craft and it was sheep and cattle run. A railway line reached the Mudgee in 1884.
Economy and Tourism
To Mudgee is wine, and vegetables are grown and operated sheep and cattle farming fruit. There are near a coal that is mined. Tourism to the wine growing areas is an important economic factor. There is accommodation for tourists, cafes and restaurants in town. In the vicinity there is an airport.
In Mudgee, there are many buildings that are subject to Australian Denkmalschutzgebung and are entered in the Estate of the National Register. These are the Havilah Property (1870 ), Burrundulla, ( circa 1865), Railway Station ( 1884), St. Mary 's Catholic Church ( 1857), Post Office ( 1860), Police Station ( circa 1860 ), Courthouse (1861 ) and Public School.
Lawson Park Hotel
The Presbyterian Church at night