I7 i10 i12
The Toulouse-Blagnac Airport ( TLS IATA, ICAO LFBO; double Aéroport Toulouse -Blagnac) is the international commercial airport in the southern French city of Toulouse. He is almost 6 million passengers in 2006, the sixth largest airport in the country and beyond, the airport serves as a factory for Airbus and ATR, which operate on the airport grounds production sites - for example, here the Airbus A330 is manufactured.
- 5.1 Toulouse- Montaudran
- 5.2 Toulouse- Francazal
Location and Transport
The airport is located in Blagnac, eight kilometers northwest of Toulouse in southern France.
- By car: The airport can be reached from downtown in the direction of Bordeaux by motorway A 620 and A 621 in 10 to 20 minutes - depending on the time of day. On a short -term car park and three long-term parking and a car park for passengers, a total of 7000 parking spaces available (more than 90 disabled parking spaces ). All parking lots are open throughout the day and a free shuttle bus connects every six minutes, the most distant long term parking with the airport.
- By bus / tram: The public bus (line 66 ) of Tisséo ( public transport company of the city of Toulouse) runs from the city center ( district of St. Cyprian ) from the metro station République with the way stops on the entire route during the day in 10 to 20 minute intervals directly to the terminal building airport and back (takes up to 31 minutes of normal line rate). The tram line T1 verinbdet the airport part Lagardère (Airbus) to the city center (bus stop Arenes, the same metro station ) in the 10 to 30 minute intervals (journey time 31 minutes, normal line rate). An additional bus line ( # 30 ) during the day between the airport, among others about Lagardère (Airbus), Beauzelle and Gagnac sur Garonne with Fenouillet every 20 minutes ( journey time 41 minutes maximum, line rate). The shuttle bus to the Courriers de la Garonne ( Navette Aéroport ) runs in 20 -minute intervals from the bus station Gare Routière and from the stops Jean Jaurès, Jeanne d'Arc and Compans Caffarelli in the city center and the airport ( extra charge). From the airport also runs twice a day bus to Andorra and a weekly service to Luchon.
The airport of Toulouse is characterized by historic moments of aviation, for example, started here the first flights of the supersonic Concorde airliner and the largest passenger aircraft Airbus A380.
In 1890 Clément Ader constructed in 25 kilometers south of Toulouse Muret already located several motorized aircraft; the city provided a site from 1913 available on the Toulouse audience could admire the latest aircraft. In Montaudran district briefly the Aérospatiale settled down after that. The air freight company Latécoère followed in 1917 and put the end of 1926 a young pilot named Antoine de Saint- Exupéry one. Toulouse became his home airport with famous tracks like Toulouse - Toulouse and Casablanca - Dakar. The Chamber of Commerce has actively supported all aviation projects and in 1928 became engaged to coordinate the construction of the future international transport airport in Blagnac.
1939 a workshop of the French Air Force was opened and created two runways, each 800 meters long near Blagnac. After the occupation of France by the German Wehrmacht, the place was home to a fighter pilot Air Force School and the main runway was extended during the war of 1700 meters.
The civilian air traffic with clearance in wooden barracks was taken in 1945 (1945: 9000 passengers).
In 1953, the airport building was Blagnac 1 opened with a capacity of 400,000 passengers per year. The runways were extended and modernized 1964-68 to 3000 or 3500 m, especially for the test flights of the Concorde (first flight 1969).
In April 1978, the airport terminal was opened Blagnac 2 ( 800 m northwest ), which was in 1993, 2004 and 2010 respectively expanded to a hall. Added to this were 1993, a new control tower and a parking garage in 2002.
All partners of the airport company undertake a development program since 2005 for quality, safety and environmental protection. Among other things, an ecological drainage system has been put into operation.
The infrastructure of the airport adapts for over 30 years on the air traffic. The fourth hall (D) of the airport has been put into operation on 10 March 2010. Under construction are also extended parking, a sewage treatment plant and additional aircraft parking. The expansion of 40,000 square meters by 2015 to increase the capacity of Toulouse Blagnac from six to nine million passengers. The expansion will guarantee a better security as well as adjust the flexibility of the airport and its hub role services.
Opened in 2012, Air France at Toulouse airport turnstile and now offers several new routes from Toulouse.
Start and runways
The airport is always open. The airport has two parallel start and runways that are equipped with an instrument landing system category III, with lights HI, BI and PAPI (optical landing system ).
With the current terminal capacity year can be handled up to 6.2 million passengers. Open round the clock terminal has in the halls AD a total of 30 boarding gates, ten of which are equipped with passenger boarding bridges. In addition, there are 56 check-in counters and baggage claim five bands.
The ground floor of the area for arriving passengers is a separate right of way, baggage reclaim halls with passport and customs control, as well as food stalls, cafes, currency exchange offices, banks, Internet access, ATM and car rental. On the first floor the departure halls are with sales counter, check- in counters, food stalls, bars, restaurants, access to the terrace restaurant, shops, baby changing facilities, travel agencies, exchange offices, ATMs, etc. There are also other shops, duty-free sales and the security controls in the passenger area. On the second floor are out of the visitors' restaurant with a capacity of about 200 guests the salons, offices, a chapel, and the Red Cross. There also the architect Marc Raymond has panoramic views of the apron and the start and runways used to create the interactive permanent exhibition hall Aéroplace.
Airlines and destinations
Toulouse has numerous connections to domestic and European destinations, including Brest, Marseille, Paris -Charles de Gaulle, Barcelona, Dublin and Rome. The only long-distance currently offers Air Austral with flights to Reunion. The airport is served directly by Lufthansa from Frankfurt am Main and Munich by Air France from Hamburg and from Régional from Dusseldorf from the German-speaking countries.
As stated in section history, Toulouse is a century a center of the aviation industry. Besides Blagnac, there have been some more airfields. These include the smaller aerodromes Toulouse- Lasbordes east of the city and something that the latter is outside in the southwest Muret- Lherm every year in early summer scene of a major air show in memory of those born in Muret aviation pioneer Clément Ader. In addition, were and still are two airports.
* The Aerodrome de Montaudran ' in the south of the urban area was the first commercial airport of Toulouse. He is closely associated with the Aéropostale and the name Latécoère. This native of the southern Pyrenees aviation pioneer, built after the First World War, airmail connection to the West African Dakar, a route that Aéropostale and the German Lufthansa extended in the 1920s to South America.
With the opening Blagnacs Montaudran lost its importance. The company Breguet used it until well into the 1970s for flight tests. Flight operations in late 2003 and the site has been developed into an aeronautical industry and research institute.
The Aéroport de Francazal located in the southwest of the urban area. Under its present name, he is since 2012.
Previously, he was a military airfield in the Armée de l'Air, she called him a base aérienne 101 Toulouse- Francazal (BA 101). The last flying unit was a Transall - school season. With regard to the supply of the replacement model Airbus A400M, which should no longer be stationed here, the Transalls had been withdrawn in 2008.
The airport is operated by the SNC Lavalin, a portion of the site is still used by the Armée de terre.