Toyama (Japanese富山 市, -shi) is a city and administrative headquarters of the Toyama Prefecture on Honshu the main island of Japan and is located on the coast of the Sea of Japan at the Toyama Bay. Toyama is a university town since 1949.
In addition to engineering, the pharmaceutical industry and an oil refinery has economic significance. In a mine near the town of the Kamiokande experiment takes place, in which the lifetime of the proton to be determined.
In the Sea of Japan before the Toyama Bay is the home of the luminous squid.
- Ruins of the castle Toyama (富 山城)
- Hokuriku Expressway
- National Highway 8
- National Road 41
- National roads 359, 360, 415, 471, 472
Sons and daughters of the town
- Yoshihisa Inoue ( b. 1947 ), prefectural governor
- Jin'en Nagase ( b. 1943 ), politician
- Yōko Nogiwa ( b. 1936 ), actress
- Koichi Tanaka ( born 1959 ), Nobel Laureate in Chemistry 2002
- Makoto Tateno, manga artist
- United States Durham ( North Carolina), since 1989
- People's Republic of China Qinhuangdao, China, since 1981
- Kataller Toyama ( football club )
Adjacent Cities and Towns