Yangquan (Chinese阳泉 市, pinyin Yangquan shì ) is a prefecture -level city in Shanxi province with a population of approximately 1.2895 million ( end of 2003). Yangquan is located in the east-central Shanxi and is bordered to the east by the province of Hebei. The administrative area of Yangquan has an area of 4451 km ².
The area of Yangquan was towards the end of the 19th century was still an inhospitable wilderness. Only after the railway line from Shijiazhuang to Taiyuan in 1903 had commenced operations and thus also developed the mining (coal, iron ore ), was a small settlement, which in 1936 has grown to over 30,000 residents. The town charter was Yangquan only 1951.
At county level, Yangquan is composed of three municipalities and two counties. These are:
- Municipality Chengqu (城区), "downtown " district, 19 km ², 210,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- Municipality Kuang (矿区), the " mines " district, 10 km ², 220,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Jiao (郊区), the " suburb ", 633 km ², 220,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Pingding (平定 县), 1350 km ², 320,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Guanshan (冠 山镇);
- Circle Yu (盂县), 2439 km ², 290,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xiushui (秀水 镇).
37.8566113.5804Koordinaten: 37 ° 51 'N, 113 ° 35 ' E
- Place in Shanxi
- District -free city (China)
- Million city