History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Heads of State
Year of the Earth Monkey戊申( at the beginning of the year fire - sheep丁未)
Syria: 179/180 ( year in October )
- Publius Mucius Scaevola The reformer is Consul of the Roman Republic.
- Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus was elected tribune of the Roman. He places due to social problems in Rome before an agrarian reform, which will take the Senators country. Core of the reform is the Lex Sempronia agraria.
- Rome is the first city of one million inhabitants.
- Attalus III. bequeathed the kingdom Pergamene the Romans.
- The destruction of the city of Numancia after a year's siege by the Romans means the final victory over the Celtiberian in the Spanish war. Thus, the Romans all over Spain with the exception of the North under its control.
- After he has committed several constitutional fractures to implement his reforms, Tiberius Sempronius Gracchus and several of his followers slain by an angry crowd, which accuses him to seek the king's crown, and his body thrown into the Tiber.
- 133 BC: The Kingdom of Osrhoene is founded.