History Portal | Portal Biographies | Current Events | Calendar years
Year of the Metal sheep辛未( at the beginning of the year metal horse庚午)
Syria: 22/23 ( the year in October )
- Re unsuccessful uprising against Thebes, Demetrius I Poliorketes.
- Demetrius I can hold the Pythian Games in Athens, instead of - as usual - in Delphi.
- The Samnites ( including cities such as Pompeii and Herculaneum ) are obliged under the third Samnitenkrieg (298 BC -290 BC) for military service. System of the colony Hadria near the Adriatic coast.
- Victory of the Romans under Dentatus over the Sabines, get their cities Cures, Reate, Amiternum Nursia and then the Roman citizenship without voting rights.
- Zhuangzi, a Chinese philosopher and poet (c. 365 BC)
- 290 BC: Mencius, Chinese philosopher (c. 370 BC )
- Year ( 3rd century BC)
- 290 BC